- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Adobe Photoshop CS4 How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques Paperback – Nov 26 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Build your Photoshop expertise, one technique at a time
Why spend time searching through a thick reference book when you can focus on the essential techniques? In Adobe Photoshop CS4 How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques, author Chris Orwig brings you the best techniques to quickly organize and correct your digital images using the world's most
powerful photo-editing program. Complete with illustrations and practical tips, these bite-size lessons from Chris's experience as a photographer and instructor provide just the information you need. You can explore the program at your own pace, spending less time at your computer and more time behind the lens taking great pictures.
• Discover the Application bar [#4]
• Work with and arrange multiple documents [#8]
• Use the Photo Downloader in Adobe Bridge [#24]
• Make localized nondestructive adjustments with Camera Raw [#38]
• Set highlight and shadow target values using Curves [#69]
• Adjust tones with the Dodge and Burn tools while protecting values [#77]
• Create a layer mask[#78]
• Retouch portraits to improve eyes [#86]
• Create Web galleries to share your images [#97]
About the Author
Chris Orwig is a professional photographer, teacher, and author. He is a member of the faculty at the prestigious Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, California. He wrote Adobe Lightroom 2 How-tos: 100 Essential Techniques for Adobe Press and a new book on digital photography is expected in 2009. Chris is a popular conference speaker and a regular contributor to Photoshop User and Layers magazines.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
now that cs6 is out though, some of the techniques are even easier than before and more versatile.
These still work but you will be amazed at new options that do a better job in cs6.
Bottom line, i would still buy this book today. It stays in my goto library.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Adobe Photoshop
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Algorithms > Digital Image Processing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Graphics & Visualization