- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book for Digital Photographers Paperback – CD-ROM, Jul 6 2010
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Since Lightroom first launched, Scott Kelby's "The Lightroom Book for Digital Photographers" has been the world's #1 best-selling Lightroom book. In this latest version for Lightroom 3, Scott uses his same step-by-step, plain-English style and layout to make learning Lightroom easy and fun. Scott doesn't just show you which sliders do what. Instead, by using the following three simple, yet brilliant, techniques that make it just an incredible learning tool, this book shows you how to create your own photography workflow using Lightroom:
1) Scott shares his own personal settings and studio-tested techniques. He trains thousands of Lightroom users at his "Lightroom Live!" tour and knows first hand what really works and what doesn't.
2) The entire book is laid out in a real workflow order with everything step by step, so you can begin using Lightroom like a pro from the start.
3) What really sets this book apart are the last two chapters. This is where Scott dramatically answers his #1 most-asked Lightroom question, which is: "Exactly what order am I supposed to do things in, and where does Photoshop fit in?" Plus, this is the first version of the book that includes his famous "7-Point System for Lightroom," which lets you focus on mastering just the seven most important editing techniques.
"The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book for Digital Photographers" is the first and only book to bring the whole process together in such a clear, concise, and visual way.
About the Author
Scott Kelby is Editor-in-Chief of Photoshop User magazine, President of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, Executive Editor of the Photoshop Elements Techniques newsletter, and one of the leading seminar instructors in the country today.
Top Customer Reviews
I do however, find the Table of Content very confusing so give up and refer to the index mostly. There are a few things I've noticed too that aren't explained in some of the processes. The things I've referred to are one way so some of the other items in the dialog boxes aren't explained. Ex. In the Exporting Files chapter on Page 224, Step Six explains Files settings but doesn't mention the "Limit File Size To" box. It appears to be set at 100 but why. Can it big larger or smaller?
Other than that I LOVE the book.
If you want to learn the ins & outs of the whole program OR just learn a couple of special effects this is the book for you!
Most recent customer reviews
Book to have (well get a newer version), but at that time, this was the best book I had used for Lightroom.Published 3 months ago by Gstyle
Whatever version of Lightroom or Photoshop you have, make sure you get Scott Kelby's corresponding book. So helpful and clear!Published 4 months ago by Reg_Dunlop
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Equipment, Techniques & Reference > Digital Editing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Adobe Photoshop
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics