- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Adult Coloring Books: A Coloring Book for Adults Featuring Mandalas and Henna Inspired Flowers, Animals, and Paisley Patterns Paperback – Jul 14 2015
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
When my mind is racing and stress fills my being, I grab my Colored pencils, Ultra Fine Markers or Gel Pens and this book; I spend a few minutes adding color to these gorgeous patterns and almost immediately the stress is replaced with calm and tranquility. Coloring brings Harmony to my world.
1. This little square book (8 1/2x8 ½ inches) has 48 illustrations printed one per page (the back of each page is blank) printed on medium weight, bright white paper.
2. This book easily lies flat for coloring and the Illustrations are all bordered leaving ½ inch between the border and the binding for ease in coloring the whole illustration.
3. All Markers and some Gel pens leak through this paper, I place a piece of paper under the picture I am coloring to prevent damage to the next picture.
4. Pentel Color Pen, Fine point markers do not work well with this coloring book, the markers act like a fine sand paper (I have seen this in other coloring books with Pentel also) and heavy coloring actually puts a hole in the page.
5. The Illustrations are complex and intricately detailed, some with tiny details, most with small details and a couple with medium details , so Colored Pencils, Gel Pens, or Ultra Fine markers work well in this coloring book.
6. The Illustrations include: 14 Circular Mandalas, 13 Paisley Designs, 4 girls in yoga poses covered with henna tattoos, 4 animals which include 2 Elephants, an Owl, Butterfly, and a Crab all adorned in designs, Plus 13 other miscellaneous patterns including henna inspired flower patterns.
- Neat paper
- Not as pix-elated as similar
- Some great designs
- Nice Variety
- Some may be too detailed for me
So I got this around the same time I got a lot of other coloring books. What really sold this for me were some of the beautiful pictures of women/dancers. There are several great designs in here but there are a few that may not be for me. Some seem too detailed for the kind of median I work with. That being said there is a huge variety of images to select from.
Use very small amounts of water and it's possible. Obviously this is not made for watercolor but it's possible. I used very light amounts and allowed time to dry after a few colors. I would leave a page below and above and close the book to keep the paper from wrinkling.
If you plan to use marker on some of the designs keep at least two pages under the page you are working on. The marker will bleed and you will clearly see the design on the back but it's kind of fun.
The obvious choice of median. I don't use pens like others but I do use color pencil and it worked well. I was not able to do some of the smallest details but I was happy with the way my design turned out and the pencil was very vibrant on it.
Photo of the book shows it compared to my sketchbook that is 11" x 14". The butterfly photo is with watercolor. The full color one is with colored pencil.
If you do not see photos please allow Amazon a few days to process them.
I travel all the time and have to wait long hours (restaurants/airport) by myself so this activity is a good way to enjoy your time while being alone. Also is great if you play your favorite music while coloring this book and there is plenty of space if you want to draw something to add your personal touch.
If you are a starter like me I suggest buying Crayola colors; I didn’t want to spend so much money in this hobby so I found for $7USD the “Crayola 64 Ct Short Colored Pencils Kids Choice Colors” Crayola 64 Ct Short Colored Pencils Kids Choice Colors which has a large variety of colors that look nice.
Since I loved this activity I bought some metallic colored pencils, I haven’t start using them yet but I think those will bring another element to this cool activity.Faber-Castell 12ct Metallic Colored EcoPencils
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Colouring Books for Grown-Ups > Animals
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Colouring Books for Grown-Ups > Flowers & Landscapes
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Colouring Books for Grown-Ups > Mandalas & Patterns
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Meditation