Advances in Elastomers II: Composites and Nanocomposites Hardcover – Apr 9 2013
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This is a two volume work which summarizes in an edited format and in a fairly comprehensive manner many of the recent technical research accomplishments in the area of elastomers. Elastomers having immense structural possibilities for chemical and mechanical modifications to generate novel properties, functions and applications especially in tire and engineering areas. The books discuss the various attempts reported on solving these problems from the point of view of the chemistry and the structure of elastomers, highlighting the drawbacks and advantages of each method. They summarize the importance of elastomers and their multiphase systems in human life and industry, and covers all the topics related to recent advances in elastomers, their blends, IPNs, composites and nanocomposites. The first volume focuses on advances on the blends and interpenetrating networks (IPNs) of elastomers while the second volume deals with composites and nanocomposites of elastomers.
About the Author
Sabu Thomas is professor at the School of Chemical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, India. He received Ph.D from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and a B.Tech in Polymer Science and Technology from Cochin University. Prof. Thomas has gained additional experience as a visiting professor at a number of universities around the world. A Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry and a member of the American Chemical Society, his research has led to the publication of some 360 articles in international peer-reviewed journals, several book chapters and patents. The co-editor of four books, he has been a visiting professor and lecturer at some of the world's leading polymer research laboratories.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Chemical > Materials
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Chemical > Polymer Chemistry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Materials Science > Polymer Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Chemistry > Physical & Theoretical
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Physical & Theoretical
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Industrial Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Mechanical Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Chemistry