- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Against All Odds: My Story Paperback – Feb 1 2009
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From Publishers Weekly
In this autobiography, Norris and Abraham catalogue in a mostly chronological fashion the major events of Norris's Horatio Alger–like life. After a tumultuous and impoverished childhood marred by an alcoholic father, Norris turned his life around by joining the military and learning a martial art, tang soo do, while stationed in Korea. Having achieved a black belt, he returned to the United States and built a career as a karate instructor, winning six world championships. Norris counted many celebrities among his students, including Steve McQueen, who, along with Bruce Lee, encouraged Norris to pursue a film and television career. Even though Norris and Abraham employ a bland style of reportage, often bereft of smooth transitions and replete with empty phrases such as "I've always had a special place in my heart for children," the facts of Norris's life make this book compelling. Not only has he succeeded in martial arts and acting, but he has a long, eclectic list of additional achievements and experiences, such as breaking a world record in boat racing and being a close friend of the Bush family. While this book is being promoted as a Christian autobiography, Norris did not fully embrace a Christian lifestyle until the mid-1990s. Despite its limited spiritual content, this memoir will please those who admire Norris's achievements and conservative activism.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Chuck Norris starred in the popular television series Walker: Texas Ranger and in more than twenty movies, and he is the bestselling author of The Secret of Inner Strength and Against All Odds.
Ken Abrahamis aNew York Timesbest-selling author known around the world for his collaborations with high-profile public figures. A former professional musician and pastor, he is a popular guest with both secular and religious media. His books includeOne Soldier's Storywith Bob Dole, Payne Stewartwith Tracey Stewart, Falling in Love for All the Right Reasonswith Dr. Neil Clark Warren, andLet's Roll!with Lisa Beamer.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Theatre > Acting & Auditioning
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Actors & Actresses
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Entertainers
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Religious
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Reference
- Books > Christian Living Store > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Biographies > Actors & Actresses
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Theatre > Acting & Auditioning
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Inspirational
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Individual Sports > Martial Arts