- Get a free 3-month trial membership with Skoove.com, the easiest way to learn piano Here's how (restrictions apply)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII | 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard & Drum Pad Controller with Joystick
- Compact keyboard controller easily fits backpack and studio production desk (12.4" long, 1.6 lbs)
- Powered by USB connection to computer, with free virtual-instrument download packages
- Features addiitional features such as Pitchbend/Mod Joystick, Note Repeat button, Full Level button, Tap Tempo button
- 25-synth-action mini-keys, 8 velocity-sensitive rubber drum pads with two banks, and eight assignable control knobs
- Dedicated buttons for Note Repeat, Full Level, and Octave Up and Down
This item's packaging may indicate what is inside. To cover it, select Add Gift Options on the checkout page.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
The new MPK Mini MKII is an ultra-compact keyboard controller designed to easily fit in the laptop-toting musician’s backpack and still earn its spot on the desktop producer’s crowded table space.
For maximum portability, the MPK Mini MKII requires no software drivers or external power adapter for operation. It supports plug-and-play connectivity, features USB-MIDI, and powers up with a single USB connection to your computer.
With an array of hardware controls, the MPK mini MKII lets you record, compose, and perform with virtual instruments, effect plugins, and Digital Audio Workstations whenever inspiration strikes.
It features 25 velocity-sensitive synth-action keys, a 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation manipulation, 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads, and 8 assignable Q-Link knobs. Plus, two banks expand the number of MPC-style pads to 16 for extended creative capabilities.
The MPK mini MKII includes all the essentials for quickly laying down and expanding upon your musical ideas.
Finally, it comes bundled with professional production software and virtual instruments free downloads for immediate music creation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What software comes with the Akai MPK Mini?
The Akai MPK Mini comes with the following software:
- Akai Pro MPC Essentials
- SONiVOX Wobble 2
- AIR Hybrid 3
- Preset Editor Software
How do I get my software?
- Go to akaipro.com/my-account
- Login to your Akai Pro account. If you do not have an account, Create one.
- Once you have logged in or created your Akai Professional user account, choose Register a Product.
- Enter the requested information to Register your MPK2 series controller and press Submit.
- Once you have Registered your MPK2 Series controller, you can now find the downloads for the various included software within the My Account section.
What operating systems is it supported with?
The Akai MPK Mini is supported on the latest operating systems, including Windows 8 and Mac 10.9. The MPK Mini is a class-compliant plug-and-play device that does not require a specific driver installation in order to be functional and will function with all major Windows and Mac operating systems from Windows XP, Vista and 7 to Mac 10.4 and later.
Is it powered by USB or wall power supply?
The Akai MPK Mini is USB hub powered. It connects and powers by a standard USB-A to USB-B cable and does not require a wall power supply.
What are the differences between the MPK Mini MKI and MKII?
Some of the major additions and changes to the Akai MPK Mini are:
- Features a 4-way Pitch Bend and Modulation joystick. This joystick has three assignable modes, including:
- Pitch Bend - Up, down, left and right
- Modulation 1 - There is a single CC per axis. The center CC is at 64 and the joystick modulates on the axis of choice.
- Modulation 2 - There are two CCs per axis. The center axis is 0 and the endpoint CCs on each axis can be set by the user with the included preset editor.
- Connects via standard USB-A to USB-B cable rather than a mini-USB to USB-B cable.
- Features a Noterepeat and Full-level button option.
- Contains a 1/4” Sustain pedal input for standard momentary non-latching foot-switch functionality.
- The 8 velocity-sensitive pads have back-lit red and green coloring.
Can I change the default presets?
Yes! There are four built-in presets that can be chosen in the controller. These presets can be edited, adjusted and uploaded to the MPK Mini using the included preset editor.
Wait! What if I still have more questions?
Don’t worry! You can watch step-by-step tutorials in the Related Video Shorts below or visit akaipro.com/kb/search/MPK_Mini for more detailed FAQs.
- Note Keys: (25) velocity-sensitive mini keys
- Pads: (8) assignable backlit pads, velocity- and pressure-sensitive
- Pad Banks: (2) banks
- Knobs: (8) assignable 270º knobs
- X-Y Controller: (1) configurable thumbstick with 3 modes
- Octaves: 10-octave range with octave up/down buttons
- Arpeggiator: adjustable resolution, range, and modes
- Additional Controls:
- Note Repeat button
- Full Level button
- Tap Tempo button
- Inputs / Outputs
- (1) USB port
- (1) 1/4” (6.35mm) TS input for sustain pedal
- Power: USB power via full-size USB jack; no power adapter required
- Dimensions (width x depth x height):
- Product: 12.5” x 7.13” x 1.75”
- Shipping: 14.3” x 8.64” x 2.9”
- Product: 1.65 lbs
- Shipping: 2.43 lbs
- MPK mini
- USB Cable
- MPK mini Editor (download)
- Software Download Card
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
From the manufacturer
Compose, record, and perform while connected to your computer's Digital Audio Workstation via USB.
The Akai MPK Mini MKII comes with access to amazing free software so you can start creating right out of the box.
After registering your MPK Mini MKII online, you'll find this content in your profile:
- Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech
- SONiVOX Wobble
- Akai Pro MPC Essentials
Take Control, Wherever You Go
The new MPK Mini MKII is an ultra-compact keyboard controller designed to easily fit in the laptop-toting musician's backpack and still earn its spot on the desktop producer's crowded table space.
The MKII packs 25 slender, velocity-sensitive keys, a brand new four-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation manipulation, eight backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads plus two banks, and eight assignable control knobs.
Make sure your capability matches your creativity wherever inspiration strikes.
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended
- PC: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP; Windows-compatible sound card
Nothing to Hold you Back
The MPK Mini MKII includes everything for laying down your musical ideas. Increase your range with dedicated Octave Up and Down buttons, easily create melodies with the on-board adjustable arpeggiator, and use eight MPC-style rubber drum pads to keep pace with your creativity.
Plug in and Go
For maximum portability, MPK Mini MKII requires no software drivers or external power adapter for operation.
It supports plug-and-play connectivity, features USB-MIDI, and powers up with a single USB connection to your computer.
Choose the Effects you Want
Download the free MKII MIDI Editor to unlock the true potential of your MPK Mini MKII. This MIDI editor is powerful preset management software that lets users customize their hardware and software setup on their computer so you can spend more time making great music.
VIP provides you with unparalleled access to your virtual instrument and effect collection, seamlessly integrating the hardware / software experience and grants the unrestricted freedom to create in a user-friendly, intuitive format.
- MPK Mini MKII
- Included Software (download only): MPC Essentials, SONiVOX Wobble, and AIR Hybrid 3
- USB Cable
- Printed QuickStart Guide
- Printed Safety Instructions & Warranty Information
- Includes VIP3.1 - the ground-breaking, award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection.
- Incorporates five years of user feedback for an all-new, enhanced design
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation control
- 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads with Note Repeat & Full Level
- 8 assignable Q-link control knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins, and more
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes
- USB-powered directly from computer; no power adapter required
- Full-size sustain pedal input jack
- Enhance your standard MIDI over USB Keyboard Controller with VIP and revolutionise your production and performance workflow.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It comes with a whole suite of music making software, but it also integrates painlessly with tons of other programs. There are also lots of tutorials online that cover virtually everything about the Akai Mini. You can find an ocean of how-to videos on YouTube that will teach you to use this midi controller for all sorts of stuff.
It is made in China, but the overall quality of the device appears to be exceptional for the price point. The case is made with thick plastic with a matte surface finish, it feels nice to the touch and it looks about as nice as injection molded plastic can get. There is almost no flexibility to the deck of the keyboard or the case, so you don't have to worry about crushing it if you put it in your bag and accidentally sit on it. It's heavy enough that it stays in one place while you're using it, but light enough that it's painless to carry around.
I have no other midi controllers to act as a reference for the beat pads or keys. However, I really enjoy using this and I can't find any flaws in the product. The keys have nice feedback and the velocity sensitivity seems to work really well. There's a ton of control options right at your fingertips that you can use to do whatever you need. You get multiple pad banks, octave control, eight knobs, temp control and more.
Overall, this is an awesome piece of equipment. If you just want to mess around with music, you can have a LOT of fun. If you're just starting out with midi stuff like I was, you'll find this has pretty much every feature you will need. The short keyboard isn't as big of a limit as you'd think, because it is so easy to change octaves and remap keys. If you're a bit more serious and skilled when it comes to music production, I think that this will be a very useful tool for you.
The keys and pads are responsive and the LEDs under the pads are trey cool. The octave up/down buttons will place these keys anywhere you want. There were zero issues setting it up. Presonus StudioOne had it already setup as an instrument. Just select and go. I love this thing.
The keys have too much weight. you have to let go of them completely before being able to trigger them again.
The knobs are cheap feeling, with no resistance, they feel flimsy and too sensitive while turning them.
It may boast many Arpeggiator features, but in practice they are terrible because it will not start playing the sequence until the clock after you press The keys down. this means there is always a noticeable delay between the time you press the keys and the time the notes start playing. sometimes a full second if on slower tempos.
And I saved the worst issue for last. The editing software is TERRIBLE. it looks functional at first glance, but if you have your DAW open, you cant remap the midi programs in the editor as it will crash every time. if the editor is open when you open your DAW, your DAW will not see/find the device. I'm not the only one with this issue. there is a forum post about this from 3 years ago that is still ignored by Akai.
I am returning this product and giving this a one star review because I wanted a tool to improve my musical workflow, but got one that made it impossible to get any work done.
My only negative critic would be the length of the usb cable , it was made to connect with laptop , i barely can reach the front panel of my desktop computer let alone the back ...
Also I had an issue with my unit so Amazon sent me a replacement free of charge!