- Hardcover: 240 pages
- Publisher: Metropolitan Museum of Art; First Edition edition (May 31 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0300169787
- ISBN-13: 978-0300169782
- Product Dimensions: 3.2 x 25.4 x 34.3 cm
- Shipping Weight: 1.9 Kg
- Average Customer Review: 34 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #21,391 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty Hardcover – May 31 2011
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“McQueen’s brilliance is celebrated in this sumptuous tome that accompanies the Costume Institute’s spring retrospective. The hologram cover makes it a collector’s item.”—Harper’s Bazaar (Harpers Bazaar 2011-05-01)^
About the Author
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
If you're a fan of Alexander McQueen (or of fashion in general), you MUST have this book. You will NOT be sorry you purchased it!
I was blown away when it arrived. The cover itself is a work of art with the hologram of McQueen and the skull. I can't bear to put it on my bookshelf and so it sits on my coffee table.
I love how the focus is on the clothes (on mannequins) and not of a runway or fashion spread setting. This allows you to truly focus on the details of each piece without distraction. Another beauty, the quotes from McQueen as to what inspired the pieces.
This book is a must for any McQueen fan. Also nice: the price point is not bad at all.
I think I'll order a second one for safe keeping. They come all sealed up tight so nothing can get damaged.
Beautifully strong well "made in Italy" book. Love the striking hologram cover. Which also makes for an instant collectors book edition. Lots to read and plenty of cool fashion to see.
Great price point at Amazon. BRAVO!! I recommend you snap one up before no more hologram issues are left.
Gone to soon R.I.P. Alexander
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Artists, A-Z > Monographs
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Textile & Costume
- Books > Arts & Photography > Fashion > Designers
- Books > Arts & Photography > Fashion > History
- Books > Arts & Photography > Museums & Collections
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video
- Books > History > Europe > England