- Save 5% on Ivation BIKE-BEAKON Portable Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker, when you purchase CDN$ 5.00 or more of Ivation BIKE-BEAKON Portable Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker, offered by Canadian Shoppe. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on Ivation Portable High Capacity Household Icemaker when you purchase CDN$ 5.00 or more of Ivation Portable High Capacity Household Icemaker offered by Canadian Shoppe. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Alfa AWUS036H 1000mW 1W 802.11b/g High Gain USB Wireless Long-Rang WiFi network Adapter with 5dBi Antenna
|Price:||CDN$ 31.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
- Packaging may vary
- Includes a 4 inch 5 DdBi Screw-On Swivel Rubber Antenna that can be removed and upgrade up to 9dBi
- Includes driver for Windows 2000, XP 32/64, Vista 32/64, Windows 7, Linux (2.4.x/2.6.x), Mac (MacOS 10.3 - 10.6)
- Plug-and-Play Compatible with windows 98SE, 2000, Millennium, XP and Linux
- High security 64/128/256bit WEP Encryption, TKIP, 802.1X support, Wi-Fi Protected Access - WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA II
- Compact size for greater flexibility
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Media: Electronics
- Item Quantity: 1
The Alfa AWUS036H is the latest version of the most powerful card available. This has a stunning 1000mW output power. So if you are looking for a device to connect to an outdoor 2.4 GHz antenna, such as on a boat or an RV, this is a perfect solution. It outperforms wireless cards that are built in to newer laptops. Adding this to your laptop or desktop computer will enhance range and signal quality at longer distances. And works with Win98SE/200/ME/XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Linux (kernel 2.6.6 and later) and Macintosh (OS version 10.4). And the necessary drivers for ALL of these operating systems are included on CD-ROM
* Connects at a full 54Mbps via USB 2.0, up to 8 times faster than a USB 1.1 adapter
* High gain upgradeable
* Compact size for greater flexibility
* Also compatible with USB 1.1 desktop and notebook computers
* Plug-and-Play Compatible with windows 98SE, 2000, Millennium, XP and Linux
* High security 64/128/256bit WEP Encryption, TKIP, WPA, 802.11
Data Rate 802.11b: UP to 11Mbps, 802.11g: 54Mbps
Antenna Type 1 x 2.4Ghz SMA connector
Chipset Realtek 8187L
Output Power 24dBm (OFDM), 30dBm(CCK)
Frequency Stability within +25 ppm
Data Modulation Type BPSK,QPSK, CCK and OFDM
Security WEP 64/128, 802.1X support, Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), WPA-PSK ,WPA II .
Dimensions 8.5 x 2.2 x 6.3cm
For MAC OS 10.6.7 and later version, we suggest AWUS036NHR, AWUS036NH, WUS036NEH, AWUS051NH.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
It was somewhat tricky to set this product up for Windows 7. Though the video guide included with the product was confusing and a conventional installer was not included for that operating system, a quick online search led to a number of guides, and the product was installed within five minutes without undue difficulty.
UPDATE: Would just like to say that this product works beautifully with Linux and supports some advanced features, though it regrettably does not seem to support master mode.
If you have connection issues, this card is for you!
I only had a signal strength of one bar in one area of my house but with this card I have a signal strength of 5 bars!
The only thing that this card is missing is wireless N support but since wireless N routers support both G and N I didn't mind it as this card offers great signal on both G-only routers and N routers that broadcast G and N signals.
Once it's set up you just need to open your little window to choose a network to join (or go to Control Panel; Network and Internet; Network and Sharing Center; Connect to a Network ... these instructions are for windows 7) and look at your list - in my case there was a 2nd list after I hooked it up with the same (and more) networks as previously but with a higher signal count (the first list was "Wireless Network Connection" the second was "Wireless Network Connection 2" - you'd want the second one so long as the signals are showing stronger). I chose my network (with full bars instead of 1 or 2) and re-entered my password... everything hooked up from there.
My only issue - this device can only be used for 1 computer... I'm looking into figuring out how to split the connection so I can connect 2 laptops but for now I either have to buy a 2nd one for my mother or share back and forth, which is a bit tiresome, but hardly impossible.
Most recent customer reviews
The external network adapter arrived faster than expected and exactly as described. Will definitely purchase from Canadian Shoppe again if I need another one!Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Best wifi dongle I have ever seen by far. Whereas everyone I have owned can maybe reach 2 houses over, this one from the basement nearly picks up the whole street. Read morePublished 8 months ago by d74g0n