Aluminum Structures: A Guide to Their Specifications and Design Hardcover – May 23 2002
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
The authors' objective is to expand the reader's design capabilities beyond steel, concrete or timber and to present aluminum as another construction material. Describes the properties of aluminum; its structural performance in beams, columns and members; aluminum fabrication, welding and mechanical connections; along with its inspections and testing. Thorough examples demonstrate procedures and illustrate the usage of ASD versus LRFD techniques. Scores of design aids in the form of charts and graphs will save designers valuable time. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
On the First Edition:
"The book is a success in providing a comprehensive introduction to the use of aluminum
structures . . . contains lots of useful information."
-Materials & Manufacturing Processes
"A must for the aluminum engineer. The authors are to be commended for their painstaking work."
-Light Metal Age
Technical guidance and inspiration for designing aluminum structures
Aluminum Structures, Second Edition demonstrates how strong, lightweight, corrosion-resistant aluminum opens up a whole new world of design possibilities for engineering and architecture professionals. Keyed to the revised Specification for Aluminum Structures of the 2000 edition of the Aluminum Design Manual, it provides quick look-up tables for design calculations; examples of recently built aluminum structures-from buildings to bridges; and a comparison of aluminum to other structural materials, particularly steel. Topics covered include:
* Structural properties of aluminum alloys
* Aluminum structural design for beams, columns, and tension members
* Extruding and other fabrication techniques
* Welding and mechanical connections
* Aluminum structural systems, including space frames, composite members, and plate structures
* Inspection and testing
* Load and resistance factor design
* Recent developments in aluminum structures
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Buildings & Construction
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Chemical > Structural Properties
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Construction
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Structural
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Surveying & Photogrammetry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Materials > Metallurgy
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Civil Engineering