- Media: Office Product
- Item Quantity: 1
4 Year Office Products Protection Planfrom NEW of Canada, an Asurion Company
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process. If we can't fix it, we will send you a reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
AmazonBasics 6-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder
- Cross-cut paper shredder with 6-sheet capacity; destroys credit cards (one at a time)
- Shreded paper measures 7/32 by 1-27/32 inches
- 2 minute continuous run time with 30 minute cool down time; Auto start and manual reverse to clear paper jams
- 8.7-inch-wide paper feed; 3.8-gallon bin; thermal protection with auto shut-off
- Measures 15 by 12.1 by 7.7 inches; Backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year Limited Warranty
- NOTE: Refer User Manual, Troubleshooting Guide & Instructional Video before use
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Amazon.ca Product Description
Cross-cut paper shredder with 6-sheet capacity destroys credit cards. Shreds paper into strips measuring 7/32 by 1-27/32 inches (0.56 x 4.7 cm). Auto start and manual reverse to clear paper jams. 8.7-inch-wide (22 cm) paper feed and 3.78-gallon (14.3 L) bin. Thermal protection with auto shut-off. AmazonBasics 1-Year Limited Warranty.
From the Manufacturer
AmazonBasics Desktop Paper Shredder
The AmazonBasics Desktop Paper Shedder's simple features make it easy to use and perfect for your home office. It shreds important documents and credit cards to keep your information safe.
Fast and secure
Do you want to keep your information secure and shred documents quickly? The AmazonBasics Shredder's cross-cut size (7/32" x 1 27/32") makes it more secure than strip-cut and faster than micro-cut shredders. It'll help you get back to your life with the peace of mind that personal information is safe.
Great for your home office
From old tax records to bills and bank statements, everyone has sensitive information that needs to be kept safe. Insert up to six sheets of paper at a time to destroy your confidential information before discarding. You don't even need to remove small paper clips or staples.
Avoid paper jams
Paper jams are frustrating. Luckily, your AmazonBasics Shredder has a reverse feature to clear them. If paper gets stuck, just slide the switch to reverse the paper out, then continue shredding. Plus, the shredder head lifts off to easily empty the 3.8-gallon wastebasket and help avoid the problem altogether.
Shreds more than paper
Don't dull your scissors by cutting up plastic cards into small pieces. Insert them one at a time into the card slot of your AmazonBasics Shredder. It chews up old credit, debit, insurance, and identification cards.
Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging
This AmazonBasics product features Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging that is recyclable. It comes without excess packaging materials such as hard plastic clamshell casings, plastic bindings, or wire ties. The packaging is designed to be opened without the use of a box cutter or knife, and it will protect your product just as well as traditional packaging. Products with Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging can frequently be shipped in their own boxes, without an additional shipping box, saving on resources and reducing waste.
From the manufacturer
AmazonBasics 6-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder
Quickly Shreds Confidential Info
Thoroughly shred multi-page documents (up to six sheets at a time) with this AmazonBasics cross-cut shredder. The machine quickly turns paper into strips measuring 7/32 by 1-27/32 inches. Use the shredder to destroy ATM receipts, credit-card bills, mortgage statements, pay stubs, insurance packets, and other old or unwanted info. It will even shred credit cards (one at a time), and there’s no need to remove staples or small paper clips.
Helps Safeguard Your Identity
Shredding important documents has become a valuable component to protecting your identity. The AmazonBasics shredder minimizes your chances of falling victim to the havoc and hassle of identity theft. From document-heavy tax season to day-to-day bills and junk mail, the shredder offers exceptional convenience and helps prevent your personal info from going public.
The AmazonBasics cross-cut shredder provides the best compromise between price and performance. Choose the cross-cut shredder when you need to stay on budget but are looking for more security than that of the strip-cut shredder.
- Cross-cut shredder with 3.8-gallon bin
- 6-sheet capacity (no need to remove staples)
- Destroys credit cards (one at a time)
- Backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
Destroys Credit Cards
Inserted one at a time into the designated area of the shredder, credit cards are completely destroyed, offering valuable peace of mind.
In auto mode, shredding begins once the sensor detects something to be shredded. Shredded paper then drops into the 3.8-gallon bin below, and manual reverse makes easy work of clearing any paper jams.
The cross-cut shredder will run continuously for 2 minutes before needing a 30-minute cool-down. If it shreds continuously beyond the max running time and begins to overheat, the unit will automatically shut off to protect the motor.
Perfect for light use in a small business or home office, the cross-cut shredder conveniently fits under a desk or other workstation for easy access throughout the day. Even more, the shredder removes effortlessly when it's time to empty the bin.
Different Shredder Types Provide Different Levels of Protection
- Shreds paper into long strips
- Ideal for basic shredding and light use
- Shred width of 1/4” wide
- Shreds paper into cross sections
- More secure than strip-cut shredders
- Faster than micro-cut shredders
- Shred width of 7/32" x 1-27/32"
- Provides highest level of security
- Shreds paper into confetti-like pieces
- Shreds 6X smaller than standard cross-cut shredders (2235 pieces vs. 360 pieces)
- Shred width of 5/32” x 15/32”
|6-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder||12-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder||17-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder||24-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder|
|Shred Width||7/32" x 1 27/32"||7/32" x 1 27/32"||7/32" x 1 27/32"||7/32" x 1 27/32"|
|DVD/CD/Credit Card Slot||Credit Card||✓||✓||✓|
|Continuous Run Time||2 minutes||5 minutes||10 minutes||25 minutes|
|Cool Down Time||30 minutes||30 minutes||60 minutes||60 minutes|
|Bin Capacity||3.8 gallons||4.8 gallons||6.3 gallons||7 gallons|
|Bin Type||Regular||Regular||Pull Out||Pull Out|
|Noise Level (decibels)||70 dB||70 dB||65 dB||63 dB|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 2,041 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm not disappointed - but there are some PROS and CONS.
- It is fairly light and quieter than our old shredder. (but the quietness may be attributed to the motor since the motor in our old shredder slowly came grinding to a halt)
- The AmazonBasic shredder is priced well.
- Our old shredder had a small window in the basket so that you didn't have to lift up the motor to see how full it was.The basket on the AmazonBasic is well, simply basic.
- I'm not so sure I would want to force up to 6 sheets into this thing - Keeping at two sheets is probably going to be the difference between using this thing for awhile and listening to the motor grind to a halt.
- Use scissors for credit cards
Some people have reviewed it saying it's not a "cross cut" shredder because the pieces are too big -- wrong. It's not a microcut shredder that produces tiny, confetti sized pieces, it's a cross cut shredder that meets security level 3 (yes, there are international standards for these things).....that's the level recommended for destroying confidential personal and business documents.
My wife just loves that center "card shredder area" as it is a real great feature. It is an easy way to find the "trigger finger" that starts the unit, no matter what you shred.
The shredded paper hopper is just the right size to fill a "plastic shopping bag", using the handles to close the bag, with practically no mess
on the floor.
WE ARE VERY SATISFIED WITH THIS UNIT AND ITS FEATURES!!
My first impressions:
(1) Good workhorse. I put it through its paces with a ton of shredding I had to do since my last Fellowes unit crapped out. No issues so far. (CAVEAT: keep in mind I've only had this unit for one day ;)..but as others have stated, stick to a maximum of 5-6 pages tops. You'll burn out / overheat the motor by doing 12 pages. I can tell by the motor's grunt that it struggles
(2) HUGE design flaw: You have to physically remove the top motor unit from the basket in order to empty it. Someone was asleep at the switch here. My previous unit allowed you to slide out the basket (like a tray) without having to lift the motor unit. Having to lift the top motor out allows the paper "crumbs" to fall on the floor which you then have to pick up / vacuum. HUGE oversight here.
(3) Good price and excellent customer service considering what I had to go through with Canada Post to finally get this delivered to my house!!
Good Price, Easy Ordering and Fast Shipping... Couple that w Excellent Product Quality = 100% Purchase Satisfaction.
Great Job all the way around for Amazon Basics
I purchased Amazon Basic Shredder to replace my 2 yo $200ish Shredder and I am very pleased with the overall experience.
I've had this unit for ~1 month and based on the usage to date and general build quality, proper use should yield trouble-free ownership.
I highly recommend it!!!
I need to update this review to say this product is misrepresented. It is NOT able to shred even 5 or 6 pages, certainly not 12. It jams constantly. Right now it is jammed after I attempted to shred 4 pieces of paper. I selected reverse to remove the paper and wasn't able to get it out completely, only a corner. There is still paper jammed in there and now it won't even turn on.