American Citizens, British Slaves: Yankee Political Prisoners in an Australian Penal Colony, 1839-1850 Paperback – Aug 2002
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Cassandra Pybus is ARC Senior Fellow in History and Classics at the University of Tasmania. Her previous books include Community of Thieves; Gross Moral Turpitude; White Rajah: A Dynastic Intrigue; Till Apples Grow on an Orange Tree; The Devil and James McAuley (which won the 2000 Adelaide Festival Award for non-fiction), and Raven Road. During 2002 Pybus will be a Fulbright Senior Scholar at Georgetown University in Washington DC. Hamish Maxwell-Stewart is a lecturer in the School of History and Classics at the University of Tasmania. He has published many influential articles on convict history and is a contributor to Written on the Body, Convict Love Tokens and Representing Convicts. With Lucy Frost he edited Chain Letters: Narrating Convict Lives (MUP 2001).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > United States > 19th Century
- Books > History > Australia & Oceania > Australia
- Books > History > Australia & Oceania > New Zealand
- Books > History > United States > 19th Century
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Crime & Criminals > Penology
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > United States
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences