The American Fire Engine Hardcover – Aug 1993
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
For years I kept this book in the lobby of our firm, and everyone loved it. Especially the fire dept. inspectors making their rounds to see if our fire extinguishers were at the proper height on the walls, and our "Exit" signs illuminated. Seeing them fixated on this book suggested that they'd rather be riding in the wind, with one of those emblematic Dalmations, then writing me up for having too many extension cords snaking back to a single outlet.
So why only 4 stars? Because the author missed including any W.S. Darley fire trucks, made right here in Illinois without interruption for almost 100 years. Add a Darley, and I give it 5 stars.
This book is worth the purchase price many times over.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Automotive > Classic Cars
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Automotive
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Construction
- Books > Professional & Technical > Transportation > Reference
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Technology
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Safety & Health