- Product Dimensions: 25.4 x 25.4 x 55.9 cm
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 Kg
- Item model number: W0720
- ASIN: B006S66II8
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: April 5 2012
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
American Girl of the Year 2012 McKenna Doll & Book
- American Girl of the Year 2012
- She's a determined girl who uses her strengths to turn challenges into triumphs.
- The McKenna doll comes in a sporty outfit just right for flips and twists
- A sporty striped dress with flutter sleeves, a dropped waist, and a pleated skirt. Teal leggings that stretch for the splits! Strappy slide-on shoes. Purple cotton underwear. A hairband, to sweep her hair back during gymnastics practice.
- The McKenna doll has a huggable cloth body, and her movable head and limbs are made of smooth vinyl. Includes the McKenna paperback book-an engaging story that will inspire girls to go for their goals, one day at a time.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Recommended Age Range: 36 Months < Description: The McKenna doll comes in a sporty outfit just right for flips and twists: A sporty striped dress with flutter sleeves a dropped waist and a pleated skirt Teal leggings that stretch for the splits! Strappy slide-on shoes Purple cotton underwear A hairband to sweep her hair back during gymnastics practice The McKenna doll has a huggable cloth body and her movable head and limbs are made of smooth vinyl. Includes the McKenna paperback book-an engaging story that will inspire girls to go for their goals one day at a time.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Anyhoo, McKenna herself is a well-made doll. Her eyes open and close depending on if she's standing or lying down. She is sturdy, with well-stitched clothes and smooth, silky hair that is easily brushed (I never knew this was important when I got my daughter the curly-haired Kanani for Christmas last year, but whoa-boy, get your girl a doll with easy-to-brush hair. Crucial!) The gymnast angle is also a draw for girls of this age.
My daughter is sitting here dictating to me now and telling me that her leggings are a little hard to get on, but the rest of the clothes are nice.
We really like the American Girl stories (even my husband thinks they're good). They're wholesome but with realistic conflicts and resolutions. McKenna is a likable story, too, with the added bonus of a broken leg, rather than some sort of scary villain, being one of McKenna's major problems.
If you're looking for a wholesome, well-made, albeit expensive toy for a girl first to fifth grade, this is a good one.
I not only bought McKenna (the doll) but also purchased her bed, her dog, the crutches,cast, gymnastics equipment, and all of her workout clothes. Everything is very well made and looks very realistic. I can't belive the detail that AG puts into their products. I'll be giving the doll to my daughter early because her birthday is 2 days after Christmas. I bought the bed, gymnastics equipment, etc. for her for Christmas, but can't very well let her open all that without her first getting McKenna.
I also bought 2 matching outfits for my daughter and McKenna. These are cute, but way overpriced for what you get, but I figure she's only little once, and having these memories are worth it to me.