American Heart Association Around the World Cookbook:: Healthy Recipes with International Flavor Hardcover – Oct 8 1996
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Count on the American Heart Association to consistently deliver top-quality and top-tasting healthy recipe collections; its version of ethnic cuisines with more than 200 choices is no exception. Instead of simply streamlining ingredients or substituting other foodstuffs, the chefs have in many cases altered traditional dishes, usually for the better. The once duck-and goose-laden bean stew of France now becomes a meatless cassoulet. Traditional Greek avgolemono now features only four ingredients--low-sodium chicken broth, dried dillweed, orzo, and fresh lemon juice--to create a 68-calorie version of the original lemon soup. Complete with nutritional analyses, this eight-cuisine compilation is intended for any type of palate, for any level of cook. Barbara Jacobs
About the Author
The American Heart Association is the largest voluntary health organization fighting heart disease and stroke.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Baking
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Healthy
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Special Conditions > Low Cholesterol
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Special Conditions > Low-Fat Diet
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition > American Heart Association
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition > Healthy Cooking
- Books > Medical Books
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine