- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Data Analysis and Decision Making (with Online Content Printed Access Card) Hardcover – Oct 12 2010
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
S. Christian Albright received his B.S. degree in mathematics from Stanford in 1968 and his Ph.D. in operations research from Stanford in 1972. Since then, he has been teaching in the Operations and Decision Technologies Department in the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. He has taught courses in management science, computer simulation, and statistics to all levels of business students: undergraduates, MBAs, and doctoral students. His current interest is in spreadsheet modeling, including development of VBA applications in Excel. Dr. Albright has published more than 20 articles in leading operations research journals in the area of applied probability. He has also published a number of successful textbooks, including DATA ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING, DATA ANALYSIS FOR MANAGERS, and SPREADSHEET MODELING AND APPLICATIONS.
Wayne L. Winston is Professor of Operations and Decision Technologies in the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, where he has taught since 1975. Wayne received his B.S. degree in Mathematics from MIT and his Ph.D. degree in Operations Research from Yale. He has written the successful textbooks OPERATIONS RESEARCH: APPLICATIONS AND ALGORITHMS, MATHEMATICAL PROGRAMMING: APPLICATIONS AND ALGORITHMS, SIMULATION MODELING WITH @RISK, PRATICAL MANAGEMENT SCIENCE, DATA ANALYSIS FOR MANAGERS, SPREADSHEET MODELING AND APPLICATIONS, AND FINANCIAL MODELS USING SIMULATION AND OPTIMIZATION. Wayne has published over 20 articles in leading journals and has won many teaching awards, including the school-wide MBA award four times. His current interest is in showing how spreadsheet models can be used to solve business problems in all disciplines, particularly in finance and marketing.
Christopher J. Zappe earned his B.A. in Mathematics from DePauw University in 1983 and his M.B.A. and Ph.D. in Decision Sciences from Indiana University in 1987 and 1988, respectively. Since 1993, Professor Zappe has been serving as an associate professor in the decision sciences area of the Department of Management at Bucknell University (Lewisburg, PA). He has published articles in scholarly journals such as Managerial and Decision Economics, OMEGA, Naval Research Logistics, and Interfaces.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The book itself, however, is quite good.
The book is pretty worthless without the online content or the purchase of stat tools. If you are purchasing this book for a class make sure that you do not need the online content. If you are purchasing this book for personal use be aware that it will be a difficult read and much of the book will not be useful without the online content or stat tools.
Other than that, the book itself was in great shape and has been useful thus far.
Update: Amazon Customer Service is sending me a new book, and I'm returning the one I had. Hopefully this one will have the access card with it!
Be aware that if you are buying this book used, even if the used book comes with the key, you will be forced to purchase a new key in order to a access the online content as each key only allows one download, the cost is around $30.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Statistics
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design > Printing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Spreadsheets
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Statistics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics > Applied
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics > Applied > Probability & Statistics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mathematics > Statistics