Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Dell'Amore Non Si Sa|
|3. Un Nuovo Giorno|
|4. Tu Ci Sei|
|5. Sin Tu Amor|
|7. Per Noi|
|8. Le Parole Che Non Ti Ho Detto|
|9. Sempre O Mai|
|10. In Canto|
|11. Quante Volte Ti Ho Cercato|
|12. When A Child Is Born|
|13. Go Where Love Goes|
Andrea is Bocelli's first pop release since Cieli di Toscana (2001), which was the successor to his multi-platinum selling albums Sogno and Romanza. The new album has a distinctly international flavor and features 13 songs in Italian, English and Spanish.
It's no mean feat being the world's foremost crossover artist--a task that risks alienating two disparate audiences and everyone in between--but somebody had to do it, and Andrea Bocelli again walks that artistic tightrope with impressive deftness. The title may imply a casual intimacy (indeed, the singer admits to taking a more "hands-on" approach to the album's conception and production), but it's a collection that nonetheless continues to expand on the Italian tenor's ambitious internationalism. His collaboration "Sin Tu Amor" immerses his voice in the Gipsy Kings' own rich Iberian folk-pop fusion with compelling results, while "Where Love Goes" (a musical focal point of the film Lazarus Child), his English language duet with 11-year-old prodigy Holly Stell, achieves an almost liturgical grace. "Tu Ci Sei" (You Are There) continues in the romantic vein of his familiar theme "Con Te Partiro" (Time to Say Goodbye), while the single "Dell' Amore Non Si Sa" (With Love You Never Know) features Bocelli in a signature dramatic tour de force collaboration with arranger Mauro Malavasi, the accomplished producer of the singer's Romanza and Sogno albums. Bocelli's shrewd taste and vocal prowess here not only again redeem an oft-maligned genre, but elevate it considerably in the bargain. --Jerry McCulley
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
All you can do is listen and all you can say is: WOW!
There are no words to describe the perfection of this CD.
The voice is pure gold, the melodies touching and uplifting, complex enough that the brain needs a little workout to remember them, but once you do remember them, you travel on the most beautiful trip with each song. And the voice!!! I have truly never heard a most beautiful voice. It is more than a voice, it's an instrument; it picks you up and takes you on a magic carpet ride. It is not fake, it is sincere and sensitive, every word elevated by the nuance, the absolute perfect touch of the voice flowing like liquid gold.
This album blows me away. Once is not enough. Caution: This product may be addictive.
Thank you, Andrea, for a priceless gift. You make my days.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
hear is a song by song look at the CD,
1) Dell'Amore Non Si Sa Love it very melodrma-ish, it will be a HIT for sure.
2) L'Attesa. A very pretty song and very radio friendly
3) Un Nuovo Giorno. Has HIT written all over it, nice pop style singing.
4) Tu Ci Sei. Very Good song; ladies this is like Bo singing in your ear while your dancing with him :) Just picture that when you listen to this song. Great vocal control to sing so high and soft at the same time.
5) Sin Tu Amor. This is done in spanish, I LOVE IT, love the blend of vocals with Reyes (Of the Gypsy Kings) and the Guitar work. BIG BIG hit in latin areas for sure.
6) Liberta. very good but no con te partio, still very pretty.
7) Per Noi. very good, I like the way it goes up and down a scale. Its a Very romantic song.
8) Le Parole Che Non Ti Ho Detto. I LOVE it; its my favorite on the CD. One of his best chores' in music History, for sure, a beautiful song.
9) Sempre O Mai. Love it, very popish, very radio friendly, very familiar.
10) In Canto. A very Pretty song, very romanza-ish.
11) Quante Volte Ti Ho Cercato. Great song, it goes up and down a scale as well, my second fav on the CD.
12) When A Child Is Born, a good song also in english. It is in a westen sytle but ends with a heck of a good tennor note.
13) Go Where Loves Goes. In english, a beautiful duet with a yong new comer named Holly Stell, it will be huge.
Overall Andrea is a beautiful CD, you can put it on, sit back and get lost in the hills of Tuscany. This is a must have essential Bocelli CD.
It is this variety and the personal touch that made me grow to love this CD. The only reason why it is not getting 5 stars has to do with the production, not Andrea's incredible vocal performance or the song selections. But I am grading on a curve, here -- a 4-star Bocelli CD is still a treasure that you will listen to over and over and over......