- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Animals: 1,419 Copyright-Free Illustrations of Mammals, Birds, Fish, Insects, etc Paperback – Oct 1 1979
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
1,419 clear wood engravings present, in natural, lifelike poses, over 1,000 species of animals. Included are many different versions of the familiar animals most wanted and used by commercial artists and craftsmen. Arranged according to the following seven categories, the illustrations portray mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, insects, and other invertebrates.
Selected for their visual impact and usability by artist-collagist Jim Harter, these illustrations form one of the most extensive, copyright-free pictorial sourcebooks of animals ever assembled for the specific use of illustrators, graphic designers, craftspeople, decoupeurs, and collagists. Captions give modern common-name identifications, and a thorough index provides immediate access to individual animal pictures. Because of the accuracy and detail of most of the renderings, naturalists will also enjoy browsing through this volume and using it for illustrative purposes.
About the Author
Jim Harter is a successful artist and editor of several Dover Pictura CD-ROM Books, including Harter's Picture Archive for Collage and Illustration, Landscapes and Cityscapes for Artists and Craftspeople, Nautical Illustrations, and more.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most recent customer reviews
This book is great for it's variety of animals and the quality of the drawings. I think it's a great book for artists or even teachers who want to be able to photocopy freely.Published on March 3 2013 by Blandine
It took me 10 years but I finally own it. I fell in love with the pictures in this book in 7th grade art class.Published on July 19 2004 by Greta A. Jensen
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Graphic Design > Clip Art
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Graphic Design > Commercial
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Graphic Design > Printmaking
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Themes
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology