Anne of Green Gables: The collection [Import]
|Price:||CDN$ 69.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
From the Producers of "Anne of Green Gables" and "Road to Avonlea"
The award-winning "Anne of Green Gables" collection is now available in a DVD Box Set. Packaged in an attractive navy-blue box, it has never been easier to share the magic of Anne with those that you love. More than 10 hours of high-quality entertainment, brimming with lots of new bonus features never seen before!
Includes the three Anne films:
- Anne of Green Gables
- Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel
- Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
But, there was nothing.
So I took the plunge (it helped that the Costco here in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, had the set on sale for $47.99 Canadian, cheaper then even the official site was selling it for) and now, here's what you need to know.
First off, the video presentation of the films is the exact same as the individual remastered special edition DVD from years back.
Meaning it's watchable, but not the best picture quality out there.
One of the reasons for this is that the first two mini series where filmed on 16mm film stock, thus creating a slightly grainy picture.
I had hoped that since the extras on the discs where transported onto the fifth disc, that the freed up space would have allowed for better compression, and thus, better picture quality, but that is not the case.Read more ›
1. Anne of Green Gables is one of the best novels ever written and the mini-series is presented very well and is accurate to the book. It is an outstanding rendition. The release of this set is nicely timed with the 100th anniversary of the novel.
2. I like the first sequel even though they made changes, mostly because they were faithful to the flavour of the novel and kept most people & characters the same as they were in the books. This movie is semi-loosely based on Anne of the Island and Anne of Windy Poplars. However, I do miss Roy Gardner!
3. I do not care for the 2nd sequel because I feel they went too far from the words that made Montgomery famous. I would have preferred if they had presented Anne's House of Dreams which is one of LMM's best books. Instead they borrowed ideas from Rilla of Ingleside and made Gilbert (and Anne) go off to war. They did not presently A & G's wedding well at all and I was disappointed. Jon Crombie's characterization of Gilbert was very altered. In the books Gilbert was always the jokester and "teasy" even when he was older. I didn't know the thin and serious Gilbert presented in this mini-series.
I'd recommend this set because of the great extra features. The 3 mini-series are nicely presented.
The other bad part is that this trilogy contains the third Anne movie which is the biggest waste of time on the planet. If it were cheaper for me to have bought the first two movies alone I'd have done it just to avoid the third piece of junk, but it was cheaper to get the set at Costco.
So... first two are great movies with bad transfers, the third is just a bad movie period. I haven't watched the extras disc so I can't comment on it.
Most recent customer reviews
Have always loved this movie. Got it for my daughter for her birthdayPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I am thrilled with this product! It may be because I adore Anne and haven't seen the series since I was a child. The quality is not nearly as bad as I anticipated it being. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Miss Tina
Best movie ever. I bought it for my 9 year old daughter. She loved every minute.Published 4 months ago by Shannon Green
This movie is just so fantastic! A classic that will always be something the whole family can enjoy! Read morePublished 4 months ago by KCOttawa
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Animation > Feature Films
- Movies & TV > Animation > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Drama
- Movies & TV > En français > Drame
- Movies & TV > En français > Enfants, Jeunesse et Famille > Animation
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Animation
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Drama
- Movies & TV > TV Shows