Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Pro 6 Paperback – May 21 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Diana Weynand is an award-winning producer, director, editor, and co-founder of Weynand Training International (www.weynand.com), an Apple Authorized Training Center and a leader in training and curriculum development for emerging technologies. Diana was supervising editor for The Barbara Walters Special, director and co-producer of the Emmy nominated PBS series, Cinematic Eye, and online editor for Real World. She is the author of four best-selling books on Final Cut Pro (including Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Pro for Avid Editors and Final Cut Express HD), and the co-author of Secrets of Videoblogging and How Video Works. A well-known columnist, she also writes on High Definition production.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
First let me say that I am not a typical 'learn from the books' kind of learner. I usually (especially with software) just hack around and figure things out. Final Cut is pretty complicated, and I need to know how to operate it pretty quickly (changing computers and software for editing, Win->Mac). I have learned most of what I need to get going on some projects after just going through the first 4 lessons! I am not going to stop there, I plan to finish this book, and probably look into additional volumes from this series for things like Soundtrack Pro and Motion.
Sure the Sea World footage and especially the music is cheesy, but you are encouraged to do additional work at the end of each lesson, to reinforce what you were just taught. This is where it gets fun! I found myself taking some music from my collection and replacing the awful Sea World song, and cutting footage to that instead.
I did not experience any problem with any of the projects opening (I took a peek).
If you are wanting to get to know this software, this is a great book to start with!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Apple > Final Cut
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Audio > Audio & Video Editing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Video Production
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Graphics, Animation & Illustration
- Books > Computers & Technology > Microsoft > Operating Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Operating Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Operating Systems