- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Pro 7 Paperback – Aug 11 2009
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Completely revised for Final Cut Pro 7 and featuring new footage from TNT's hit show Leverage and the international music creation event Playing For Change: Peace Through Music, this best-selling, Apple-certified guide provides a strong foundation in all aspects of video editing. Renowned author Diana Weynand starts with basic video editing techniques and takes you all the way through Final Cut Pro's powerful advanced features.
Each chapter presents a complete lesson in an aspect of video editing and finishing, using professional broadcast footage. After marking and editing clips to create a rough cut, you'll learn how to trim and refine the cut before moving on to complex tasks such as adding titles, creating transitions and motion effects, applying filters, and working with multi-format and multi-camera footage. The book covers Final Cut Pro's exciting new features, including iChat Theater support, the redesigned speed tools, and sharing projects on a Blu-ray disc.
- DVD-ROM includes lesson and media files for over 40 hours of training
- Focused lessons take you step-by-step through professional, real-world projects
- Accessible writing style puts an expert instructor at your side
- Ample illustrations and keyboard shortcuts help you master techniques fast
- Lesson goals and time estimates help you plan your time
- Chapter review questions summarize what you've learned and prepare you for the Apple Certified Pro Exam
About the Author
Diana Weynand is an award-winning producer, director, editor, and co-founder of Weynand Training International (www.weynand.com), an Apple Authorized Training Center and a leader in training and curriculum development for emerging technologies. Diana was supervising editor for the Barbara Walters Special, director and co-producer of the Emmy nominated PBS series Cinematic Eye, and online editor for RealWorld. She is the author of five best-selling books on Final CutPro (including Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Pro for Avid Editors and Final Cut Express HD), and the co-author of Secrets of Videoblogging and How Video Works.
Top Customer Reviews
What I Like:
-Includes a lot of useful information and illustrations on how to use the program
-Technical side of editing, importing files, etc
-Good companion to final cut courses
What I Don't Like:
-Could include more information about how to pace/set/etc.
-No longer relevant for newer versions of Final Cut (ie: final cut X)
Conclusion: I took a class in school regarding Final Cut and this was the required text. It had a lot of useful information, but for the most part was stuff I could have figured out by watching Youtube videos, googling things, etc. To be honest it's not really relevant any more too (why they were teaching us Final Cut 7 when they're on X now... I wish we'd learned Adobe Premier Pro). Anyways, good book with lots of technical information, but I wish it had more useful things that would help with any video editor, like what moments are best to cut video together, how to pace video, etc.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Apple > Final Cut
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Audio > Audio & Video Editing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Video Production
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science