- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro 8 and Logic Express 8 Paperback – Dec 4 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Composer and producer David Nahmani has co-written and co-produced songs for the MTV series The Real World and Undressed. He also engineered and produced three classical albums on Decca Records/BMG for the Bernard Calmel Orchestra in Paris, France. He has released tracks and remixes on Cleopatra Records, has licensed songs and composed for TV and film, and programmed XF MIDI songs for Yamaha (using Logic Pro). He teaches how to use Logic for Apple public events, such as Remix Hotel, Taxi Road Rally, and Ascap Music Expo. He is the director of the Los Angeles Logic Pro User Group and publisher of LogicProHelp.com.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Even for those who come from previous versions of Logic, the changes in Logic 8 are significant, and this book shows you how to best take advantage of those changes. The content is well written, carefully thought out, and a Must Have for anyone wanting to dive into this complex program.
I found the format of the step-by-step instructions to be concise and clear. The discussion and commentary sections are clearly set apart from the steps. The screen-shots are well done and can be read easily. If you are willing to put in the time to work through the book you will have a functional understanding of Logic and be able to make full use of voluminous documentation that comes with Logic Studio to go further on various topics at your leisure. The Logic documentation is very good but most people are need a warm-up like this in order to be able to get the most out of their $500 software investment.
Think of this book as the fundamental text, or perhaps what should have been in the Studio Documentation instead of the lean "Getting Started" book that was included. Its purpose is to ensure you get a solid foundation on which to build and it does that in a very methodical way. Some people, especially creative folks, may have problems sitting through such a structured process but based on the number of "help me do -blank-" posts I see every day on Logic and Musician's message boards I think most people need this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Audio > Logic Pro & Logic Express
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Speech & Audio Processing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Recording & Sound
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Music