The Apron Book: Making, Wearing, and Sharing a Bit of Cloth and Comfort Hardcover – Sep 1 2006
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
EllynAnne Geisel, who lives at Pueblo, CO, is the author of The Apron Book and the creator of Apron Chronicles, the traveling exhibit. Her apron designs have appeared in Vogue and have been worn by Bree in Desperate Housewives. She's been a guest on both NPR's All Things Considered and CBS News' Sunday Morning. She continues to make nationwide appearances to promote her books and exhibit.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
As the author suggests, this book IS like an apron, simple yet beautiful, nostalgic yet useful. The gorgeous photos of vintage and contemporary aprons make you want to get our your machine and start sewing. The instructions are clear and the book inspires you to be creative and original.
This book is not just a stroll down apron memory lane. It's a warm and charming invitation to bring aprons back to our everyday lives. I will give this book as a gift many times over....with a homemade apron, of course.
How pleased I am now to read The Apron Book, and I'm here to tell you it sounds just like EllynAnne in person. She's taken her "girl-raised-in-the-south" voice to these wonderful apron memories, a rich mixture of gentility, tradition, and folksy humor, with her own finely tuned ability to tell a story. I only wish I could serve my teenaged son and his friends bottled sodas swathed in tiny aprons. Check out the picture, it's a hoot! Please oh please publish the pattern for those.
And how especially honored I am to see my family heirloom apron, unfortunately now too worn to wear, featured in this handsome volume. EllynAnne has elevated our everyday aprons out of the kitchen or backyard barbeque pit into an American icon.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Graphic Design > Commercial
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Textile & Costume
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Antiques & Collectibles > Textiles & Costume
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Needlecrafts & Textile Crafts > Sewing
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Beauty & Fashion
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Pop Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Popular Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Culture