|Item model number||852659896578|
|Product Dimensions||10.16 x 11.43 x 15.24 cm; 340.19 Grams|
Consider these available items
ArcBotics Sparki Robot - Programmable Arduino STEM Robot Kit for Kids - Complete Platform to Learn Robotics, Coding and Electronics
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Complete Educational Platform: Sparki is used by 2000+ top middle schools, high schools, universities, and STEM programs like Stanford, MIT, Purdue and FIRST Robotics for being an all-in-one solution to teach students 9+ robotics, coding and electronics.
- Infinite Possibilities: Learn to program over 40 parts including an LCD display, grippers for grabbing objects, line following sensors for mazes, remote control, speakers for music, light sensors, distance sensor, edge detection sensors, motor wheels, and more! All open source hardware and software. Board is based on Arduino so you can expand on Sparki and make it your dream robot.
- Over 100 Lessons: Open source lessons written by professional educators. Lessons designed for complete beginners to advanced students of robotics, coding, and electronics. View our lessons now on our website to see the activities you will learn. We constantly expand lessons based on community feedback. We offer excellent support from our Cali-based team, and have active global forums.
- No Complicated Assembly: Sparki comes preassembled, ready to go out-of-the-box with all its accessories like remote control, a maze following poster, line following poster, Sparki-fitted pen/pencil, USB cable, Bluetooth module. No costly expansion packs. We're here for you if you ever need replacement parts.
- Many Programming Options: Programming environments include drag-and-drop blocks similar to Scratch, Arduino code (C/C++), and Chromebooks. Beginners start learning with colorful blocks to create simple programs, then transition easily to Arduino code.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Sparki is an affordable, easy to use, and fun intro for kids to learn programming, electronics, and robotics. Complete with 100+ free lessons on programming, robotics, electronics beginner to advanced levels, it comes pre-assembled and is ready to go out of the box. It comes with multiple programming environments including drag-and-drop programming and Arduino. Sparki includes 17 sensors, 8 indicators, 4 actuators, 2 posters, 1 Sparki-fitted pen, a remote control, Bluetooth and more! Here are just some of the activities you will learn to program Sparki to do: -Play music -Display LCD Graphics -Draw & Write -Solve mazes -Grab objects -Remote control -Make any color -Follow & light -Navigate rooms Sparki is used by over 2000 K-12 schools and top universities like Stanford, Purdue, and Northwestern for teaching robotics and programming. It has been featured on Fast Company, Boston Globe, MAKE, Kickstarter Staff Pick, Ars Technica and more.
Top review from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
I really think this is going to both give her confidence that she can learn and build anything and it will set her up very well if she wants to pursue anything related to programming and computers. Our children are users of technology but being a user is not in any way like being a programmer where you actually have to think about a design and then build it.
As far as the product I love it. On the one hand it comes all ready to go out of the box. Absolutely no assembling of computer boards, etc. On the other hand it doesn't hide the components and allows you to literally visually explore all of it's exposed capabilities. It can look a little daunting at first if you are a newbie to electronics but it is very easy to use. It seems very solidly built given all of the delicate electronics.
Finally, the web site is very helpful. ArcBotics has clearly invested a lot of time providing lot's of lessons and information. There is ample information about Sparki himself (about the use of Stepper motors for the wheels which are different than the electric motors in most toys I learned, about rack and pinion drive for the grippers, etc.) and lots of programming lessons that make it very understandable. And their customer service is great and responsive to emails and ready to support.
I am glad they made this product and wish them well.
This is a real bargain considering the various types of sensor, the 3 servo motors, the included blue-tooth module and the web based lessons, examples, and iconbased miniBlok and Sparkiduino (C++) programming IDEs.