Arcade Fighter - Wii Standard Edition
- Bring the excitement of the arcade home
- Joystick and action buttons have been designed using actual arcade cabinet components to enhance your favorite fighting and classic arcade style games
- Perfect for all 2D fighting games
- Plugs directly into your Wii Remote
- Platform: Nintendo Wii
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform for Display: Nintendo Wii
The Arcade Fighter brings the excitement and control of the arcade into your home. Its joystick and action buttons have been designed using actual arcade cabinet components to enhance your favorite fighting and classic arcade style games. Perfect for all 2D fighting games and plugs directly into your Wii Remote.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Lo and behold, I could hardly notice the difference when I started playing. The stick and buttons were responsive. I could hardly tell the difference between this and my Hori stick. I have big hands and the buttons are nicely spaced, similar to an actual arcade layout. I can play for hours without my hands feeling cramped. I love the compartment at the back that lets you hide the cable when not in use.
Only gripe that I have is that there isn't a turbo toggle similar to the Hori Stick.
Another thing that I'm unsure of is how durable this stick would be. I've had the Hori Stick for over a year and it's still like new despite several playings of Guilty Gear Accent Core.
If you're short on cash and can't afford the rare Hori Wii Fighting Stick. This is an affordable substitute.
I did face a slight disappointment though. The joystick is treated as a +Control Pad on a Classic Controller, as opposed to the Left Analog Stick. Therefore, it is not compatible with Nintendo 64 titles, neither will it be compatible with other Wii games I was hoping to use it for, namely Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sonic Unleashed, or Sonic Colors, just to name a few. But, I still stand by a 5-Star rating since it works very well for the games it can be used with.
The Wii U is entirely compatible with this control scheme since it apes the Virtual console remote! I wanted a fightstick to play Injustice on Wii U. I already own a high quality madcatz stick for my 360/pc, but I don't buy xbl gold and injustice isn't on PC. The buttons feel a-okay and I am not having any input issues with the stick, I cannot tell the difference. The real test will be when I dig into combos and in depth play as I see ocassionally I am not able to press certain buttons at the same time. They require just a SMALL amount more of feedback. But for special moves like quarter circle/360 motions, I have not had an issue yet. Can't beat it for $20
- Buttons feel a little stiff but are good quality close to Sanwa buttons but more like Hori in my opinion
- Compartment can hold a Wii Remote as well as the cable for completely wireless setup.
- Joystick has very nice feel and definitive control. Octagonal gate type.
- Plenty of comfortable vertical space for arms. Lessens Fatigue
- No turbo function. Can be a negative depending on preference.
- Somewhat customizable. Changeable artwork (not sure what else)
- Easy to set up and use
- Joystick is automatically read as the DPad so control stick dependent games are unplayable with this.
- Perfect for any and all old school games and virtual console titles.
Overall I give the stick a 4 out of 5. Considering it's third party and the overall quality of the product it certainly beats out some of the other options out there. It's not going to exceed a Hori or a MadCatz arcade stick however, it serves its purpose and is well worth the price. If you are on a budget for your Wii/Wii U Fighting and Arcade game needs look no further!
Out of the box, the buttons actually feel pretty good.
They almost felt like Sanwa buttons, but they were soldered to a board.
The only drawback is probably the stick.
I never used it on a game, but it just didn't feel as tight as it should've been.
The box itself was nicer than I expected, so it doesn't feel like you're getting a bargain bin product.
Not that the product is garbage but I can't really see someone dominating with the stock product.
A good stick to learn and improve with, but mod it to make yourself a little sharper.
Great color, detachable "face plate" for easy art customization, and it has a nice beefy weight.