Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite sports Tools

on January 13, 2017
I am waiting for an actual small Android device. My purpose mainly was to use blue tooth and on line radio. I am not inept at computer technology, and can follow instructions pretty easily, but this device is hard to understand why the google play store will not download. Youtube videos will not play even from the browser offered. Firmware is/was updated, but still not getting the full benefit from the device. Any videos I do play are ones I have moved from the computer to the Archos device.
One question raised was - when hdmi connector is attached to tv can the headphone jack still be used?
It took me a bit to figure out how to even connect the hdmi connector, apparently I didn't have it in all the way the first time and no connection was being made, I actually had to use force to get it in all the way. I plugged in my ear buds into the Archos, listened there while watching on TV. When you remove the earbuds, the sound comes out of TV

The instructions also tell you to use the Archos screen on device to move the curser around on TV.
It does a little less than I expected it to, so kind of disappointed as it is basically a fancy mp3/mp4 device.
I only paid about $80 for it, and not the $200 plus.

**UPDATE**
Gave it one more star, as I was able to get a Youtube app to work, I used the French Youtube app, and it lets me watch even my own Youtube videos - even when connected to the tv.
And, I was able to download a radio app, so now I can move about the house and listen to music without bothering anyone else.
One person found this helpful
on July 22, 2017
excelent comme lecteur de musique mais ... pour internet ou les application il est inutil rien fonctionne systeme depasser , ne pas utilise en mode charge car le dos chauffe et la camera est placé au bas pas tres pratique
on September 14, 2013
The product is made of a certain quality and the design is not bad. As for the OS I do not recommend the installation of GAPPS (Google applications) the 512 mb ram can not manage this amount a background application. It is a better idea to look for your application elsewhere. Overall despite the cpu and rom weakness, it is an excellent mp3 especially for those who love playlist. Be warn, installing gapps will affect the performance of your device.
on January 4, 2016
Internet browser would not work. The QRTY pad feature placed random selections like selecting M would give you an 8 or a WL.

Waste of time and money. Sent it back and waiting for a full refund. ......?
on December 6, 2011
This tablet is pretty good.

Pros:
Looks nice
Average battery life
Runs most android apps

Cons:
Sometimes lags
Keyboard misclicks words sometimes
Takes longer than normal phones to charge
Headphones are uncomfortable

In total, I like this a lot, but if it ran a Android 2.3 or higher it would be better. Maybe with a better processor and more ram, it would lag less. I will add more info when I have time to look through more apps and stuff
2 people found this helpful
on November 1, 2011
Pour un petit appareil, elle a un son surprenant et excellent. Pour ce qui est de la navigation sur le web c'est tres tres bien, c'est fluide et rapide. Le telechargement des applications se fait rapidement et il y a souvent des mises a jour. Archos 43 tablet a acheter.
2 people found this helpful
on December 25, 2015
Only have one star bc it looks nice. I currently have an upset 12 yr old bc its christmas morning and this stupid thing won't even charge. NOT HAPPY AT ALL. I WILL BE SENDING AN EMAIL.
on October 24, 2014
I knew it was small but I did not know it was that small, it still performs like a regular tablet but the charger takes forever to charge. I am thinking of selling it though.
on September 17, 2012
very compact Ideal for travel
clear picture and sound
Easy to use and setup within five minutes
Product was above expectations