- Platform: Windows NT 3.5
- Media: Personal Computers
- Item Quantity: 1
Arduino Starter Kit - English Official Kit With 170 Page Book - K000007
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
- Parts and instructions are included for 15 projects involving a DC motor, servo motor, tilt sensor, LEDs and other basic electronic components.
- Projects you can make:
- Light the RAM in - create a musical Instrument you play by waving your hands
- Knock lock - tap out the Secret code to open the door
- Digital hourglass - a light-up hourglass that can stop you from working too much
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
The Arduino Starter kit provides an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. It contains all of the essential components required to start programming with the Arduino uno board, and a guidebook featuring 15 different projects, which are designed to evolve the user from Beginner to professional level.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I finished the first 3 projects before writing this review. My impression is that the book is intended for someone with a very brief understanding of electronics (middle school or high school students). It tries to avoid jargons and explain how electricity works with simple language (although sometimes at the cost of scientific precision), and it is actually quite easy to follow along. The arduino IDE is also very straightforward to use. Overall, the learning experience is great.
However, I still have to take one star off, because of design of the book.
First off, the text is TOO SMALL. But it is not due to the lack of space; There are a lot of unnecessary blank page margins and space between texts. Secondly, a lot of text in the book was printed with very low contrast against the background. For example, the index page was printed in reflective golden typefont, on a yellow background! Reading it under a desktop lamp at night is nightmare. I mean seriously, I'd rather the book was printed in black and white and normal sized font! Or better yet, how about not ship the book at all, but instead give me a digital copy.
Conclusion: this is a very good starter kit for the price. I am happy with the purchase. However, I strongly suggest they revamp the book design.
I would strongly recommend this kit to anyone interested in getting their feet wet in electronics, but to be on the safe side, make sure you go through all of the components as soon as your order arrives to see if there are any problems. I did not have the foresight to do this, so now I'm stuck without the resistors I need and I have to buy them from somewhere else.
* Specifically says to attach board with "screws" but no screws are included
* Presumably the 3 bolts and nuts included are intended for this, but the bolts are too long and I had to use several of my own washers keep the bolts from sticking out further than the legs
* Basic errors like the legs being shown inserted on the wrong side.
* Confusing coloring. Resistor shown in 2nd project is clearly brown-black-yellow, but supposed to be a 10k (brown-black-orange)
- Poor selection of wires - is more than 1 black wire too much to ask?
Few little projects that bring you up to speed of programming C++.
Enough parts to do many testing of controlling output to do action based on inputs.
General projects that show you all possibilities of controls that can be done, digital input /output and analog input/output that can be used in projects to do what you want.
The only limit with Arduino , from what I can see , it's you brain, the possibilities to think what you can do! :-)
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews