- Shipping Weight: 9 Kg
- Item model number: 3DP AMZN- 10114
- ASIN: B01ERDWSFU
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: May 4 2016
- Average Customer Review: 12 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,737 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
[New Arrival] HICTOP Filament Monitor Desktop 3D Printer Kits Reprap Prusa I3 MK8 DIY Self-assembly Printing size 10.6" x 8.3" x 7.7"
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- FILAMENT MONITOR: Alarms and stops printing when filament is empty. Resumes printing once filament is replaced. Will save your time and filament by not having to reprint.
- IMPROVED PARTS: Includes newer T screw rods, injection X axis holders, 24V/15A power supply. Higher accuracy and stable printing is here.
- PRINTING SIZE: Prints max size of 10.6" x 8.3" x 7.7" (270x210x195mm). No longer will you be limited to small models. Larger printings are waiting for you.
- CONTROL BOARD: Uses ATmega2560 with integrated RAMPS 1.4 onboard. Supports dual extruder. No need to buy another board to do upgrade.
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT: local US technical support provided. Get professional and efficient technical support by emails and phone calls.
Specifications for this item
|Model Number||3DP AMZN- 10114|
|Number of Items||1|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
HICTOP Filament Monitor Desktop 3D Printer Kits Reprap Prusa I3 MK8[SOLD ONLY BY HIC Technology]
Extruder quantity: 1
Printing size: 10.6" x 8.3" x 7.7"
Layer thickness: 0.1-0.4mm
LCD screen: Yes
Printing speed: 30-90mm/s
Standard extruder diameter: 0.4mm
Extruder temperature: 210
Hot bed temperature: 70
Hot bed material: Aluminum,PCB
XY axis positioning accuracy: 0.011mm
Z axis positioning accuracy: 0.004mm
Printing material support: ABS/PLA/Wood/HIPS/Flexible
Printing material diameter: 1.75mm
Recommended material: PLA
Software language: Chinese/English
Date import format: STL, G-Code, OBJ
Device dimension: 16.9" x 19.9" x 15.0"
Device weight: 8kg
Packing dimension: 18.5" x 18.5" x 8.7"
Packing weight: 22.9 Pounds
Polished rod: 304 steels
Control board chip: atmega2560, integrated board of ramps1.4
Power supply: DC 24V/15A
Operating system: XP,WIN7,MacOS,WIN10
Printing software: Cura/Repetier-Host
Working condition Temp: 10-30 degrees Humidity:20-50%
Note: The package only include all the parts for the 3D printer, not the assembled machine.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Good experience is:
+ Large Print Volume
+ More control (my previous printer was a MonoPrice Select Mini)
+ Potential for customization
As a note from my experience it wasn't completely perfect and I had a few issues.
- Some of the acrylic was cut too large and wouldn't fit and had to file down
- The end stops are quite fragile and as an unfortunate circumstance we broke 2 of them since they would snag on the frame. However Hictop did provide a new set of them since we were within warranty!
- If the fastener which holds down the heat bed isn't at 90 degrees it runs into the acrylic and causes a misalignment.
The first print came out extremely well once the bed was leveled and the nozzle height set. In my experince it was very easy to get reasonable prints within a very short period of time.
Take the plunge into the world of 3D printing and you wont regret it !
Buyer beware!! This is not the type of product you have up and running in an hour making perfect prints, if that is what you want pay $1000+ and save yourself the trouble. That being said the building and tinkering with this printer has been extremely enjoyable for me and has taught me a TON about 3D printers! Currently I'm and electrical engineering student and bought this for prototyping and general fun, the build was not difficult if you follow the instructions.
Certain things, most importantly, the motor currents were way to high on my Y and X axis. The Y axis motor was making a ton of noise and both motors were getting VERY hot, there are some digi-pot's on the motor control circuits that can be adjusted and once I figured this out I lowered the X and Z axis motors to pretty much minimum current and have the Y axis motor with a little bit higher current. The X axis motor now barely gets warm even after a multi hour print. The Y axis does get warm due to a slightly heavier load (The heated bed) so I have a little more current on it. The extruder motor took quite a bit of tinkering to get good flow at minimum current so I HIGHLY suggest doing your research and setting these currents because it made a HUGE difference in overall noise and heat. (Heat loss = power loss, which costs money you could be spending on filament!!)
The only other major issue I've had and recommend doing research on is using the heated bed. I had issues with the prints not sticking to the bed so I used the tape that came with the printer. This tape in combination with the heated bed sticks permanently to your prints so I have turned off the heated bed for now. I have heard that blue painters tape works well for PLA, which is all I'm using for now, and I plan on trying the blue tape with the heated bed on and off and will update this review when I do.
Now there are a lot of negatives in my review however I could not be happier with this purchase! I now have reliability and quality prints coming out (some tinkering in Cura is required to counter effects like stringing). As long as you are comfortable with problem solving and using google I HIGHLY recommend this product, you will not be disappointed!!!
Customer service is pretty good. ALWAYS responds within 24 hours which is rare for kits but have had some trouble with the service but the quick communication has made up for it.
Easy to use software
Great price point
Supports dual extruder
Quality of some parts is questionable; power supply makes odd noise starting up and bed is not actually flat, makes leveling tough.
It's a 3D printer!!!
Update: BUY BLUE PAINTERS TAPE FOR PLA!!!
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Hictop sent me new parts with no problems