- Student Exclusive: Amazon Prime Student members save 10% on all textbook purchases. Enter code TEXT10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Art of Electronics Student Manual Plastic Comb – Sep 29 1989
There is a newer edition of this item:
Back to University 2016
Save on College Prep Essentials on Amazon.ca. Shop now
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
(Physics 123 @ Harvard College)
Professors Jay Ewing and Thomas C. Hayes Teaching Fellow Nicholas Judson
A lab-intensive introduction to electronic circuit design. Develops circuit intuition and debugging skills through daily hands-on lab exercises, each preceded by class discussion with minimal use of mathematics and physics. The treatment moves quickly from passive circuits, through design with discrete transistors, then concentrates on application of integrated operational amplifiers to make a variety of circuits including integrators, oscillators, regulators, and filters. The digital half of the course emphasizes the use of programmable logic devices, microprocessors, and microcontrollers, while treating issues that arise in interfacing both analog and digital devices to a computer. Provides an overview of radio and television, digital audio, signal averaging, and construction techniques.
Taught by co-authors of the best-seller "The Arts of Electronics", Thomas C. Hayes. And let nice guy Nick debugging your wiring, What more can you ask for? Watch out though, the course load is extremely heavy (Some people equate it to 1.5 courses.) I found the course enormously useful if you are to encounter circuit design in your future studies.
The physical details of the circuits described will become abundantly clear to the reader -- nothing is left hidden, and performing the lab steps cements this in place.
Just be aware not to buy from used non Amazon distributors, unfortunately my first purchase from non-amazon shop advocated by Amazon of AoE was a fake. Cambridge press has a website showing how a fake looks like but it is so obvious that you would know it as soon as you receive one. Cambridge press says all Amazon sold books are genuine. This book was and I am waiting for my purchase of AoE to come and report as well.
Most recent customer reviews
This is a MUST HAVE stand alone course (or Companion to The Art of Electronics book) for students of electronics. Great value, and HUGE content - You will not be disappointed.Published 3 months ago by C. McKernan
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Circuitry > Circuit Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Circuits
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Physics