- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Arthur's Thanksgiving Paperback – Sep 30 1984
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Marc Brown is the creator of the bestselling Arthur Adventure book series and creative producer of the number-one children's PBS television series, Arthur. He has also created a second book series featuring D.W., Arthur's little sister, as well as numerous other books for children. Marc Brown lives with his family in Tisbury, Martha's Vineyard.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Arthur puts pressure on everyone to get someone to play the part. He tries his parents, his friends, even his sister D.W. Every one has excuses as to why they can't do it.
Arthur begins to think about Turkeys while doing math problems, practicing the piano, and even doing the dishes. Finally he decides to take the part himself.
Despite the ensuing chaos, when the big day comes the performances go well. The moment comes for the Turkey to say his lines. Arthur's comes on stage and goes red with the laughter of the audience; but he is not on stage alone for very long. Soon all of his friends and family are there too-- all dressed like turkeys. Turns out they all 'stepped up' to support Arthur.
Four Stars. [B-]. Cute Arthur story that doesn't really go into the Thanksgiving story/Pilgrim story - just in case that is what you are looking for. It does however demonstrate that family and friends are something to be thankful for.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Animals > Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life
- Books > Children's Books > Holidays & Celebrations > Thanksgiving
- Books > Children's Books > Humour > Humourous Stories
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Ages 4-8