Compare Offers on Amazon
Artist in the Ambulance
|Price:||CDN$ 9.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Cold Cash And Cold Hearts|
|2. Under A Killing Moon|
|3. All That's Left|
|5. Stare At The Sun|
|6. Paper Tigers|
|7. Hoods On Peregrine|
|8. The Melting Point Of Wax|
|9. Blood Clots And Black Holes|
|10. The Artist In The Ambulance|
|11. The Abolition Of Man|
|12. Don't Tell And We Won't Ask|
Japanese edition of the post-hardcore act's third album features 14 tracks including 2 bonus track, 'Eclipse' & 'Motion Without Meaning'. Island. 2003.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Whereas Thrice's first album, Identity Crisis, was an effort of breakneck instrumental ability and endearing, earnest vocals and lyrics, and their second album was a more refined melodic hardcore/metal hybrid chock full of often violent and depressing but always hopeful lyrical imagery, The Artist in the Ambulance is the sum of both albums: a glorified mix of Poison the Well-style hardcore, Thursday-esque screamo and early Metallica thrash, with the best lyrics the lead singer, Dustin Kensrue, has ever produced. TAITA is the apex of the band's musical evolution, and man is it an awesome album for it.
Musically, the band has never been better. From the crushing guitars, brutal drums, and double-pedal fueled bass of tracks like Blood Clots and Black Holes, The Abolition of Man, Paper Tigers, and Under a Killing Moon to the measured, composed melodic hardcore of tracks like All That's Left, Stare at the Sun, The Melting Point of Wax, and the title track, The Artist in the Ambulance, the band have come into their own as musicians.
Lyrically, this album is probably the best of the three albums. Taking on everything from the apathy of the upper class (Cold Cash and Colder Hearts), the loss of humanity to the progress of science and technology (the C.S.Read more ›
1. Cold Cash and Colder Hearts - 10/10. Awesome song, really meaningful lyrics. perfect opener. Top Knotch song.
2. Under a Killing Moon - 9/10. great guitar and beat.
3. All That's Left - 8.5/10. catchy song, but not their best.
4. Silhoutte - 9/10. great opening. repetitive in a good way.
5. Stare at the Sun - 10/10. Great Lyrics, perfect begginning middle and end. simply spectacular track.
6. Paper Tigers - 7/10. a little overdone on trying to be hardcore, but a good track.
7. Hoods on Peregrine - 9.5/10. Great drums and guitar to form sweet beginning to this song. crazy lyrics. incredible song.
8. The Melting Point of Wax - 9.5/10. inspiring lyrics and song.
9. Blood Clots and Black Holes - 9/10. awesome guitar and drums, sweet beat. good lyrics too.
10. The Artist in the Ambulance - 10/10. deep song, extremely powerful and just plain AWESOME. The best track on the Cd.
11. The Abolition of Man - 9/10. I LOVE the opening, good song.
12. Don't Tell and We Won't Ask - 10/10. AWESOME lyrics, sweet song from first line to last.
This album is in a word dumbfounding. I bought the album because I really liked the song "All That's Left," and ended up liking alot of the other songs much more. The opening song "Cold Cash and Colder Hearts," is a great example of what you will hear on the rest of the cd. His screaming and emotionally charged melodies, slowly mesh into a calmer melodic transition, which is a true sign of a great band in my mind. The best part of this song is that they can go back and forth with smooth unawkward transitions to the hard, and then the soft sides of their music. They end it all in an insanely charged, screaming, loud staccato style ending, which just makes me want to grab my guitar, find a crowd, and go insane!
As far as THIS cd goes, they are deffinetly not punk, and their talent rivals one of my favorite, hometown bands, Slipknot. In short buy the cd!
If you're looking for something non-mainstream, and I deffinetly recommend it, here are some other bands that will blow your mind much like Thrice will; From Zero, Pressure 4 5, Mad at Gravity, Depswa, and Ill Niño.
Most recent customer reviews
My view on the CD (hey, if you dont like what I have to say, don't read it)
Track 1: Really good, not at all slow to start. A great opening track. Read more
Don't kid yourself, these guys are awsome!!! Artist in the Ambulance SE is kick ass, on top of all the other sweet songs eclipse and motion without meaning are sweeeet songs, if... Read morePublished on Feb. 21 2005
all i gotta say is bravo to these guys man. they are amazing musicians. identity crisis and the illusion of safety were also amazing cd's but artist in the ambulance sticks out to... Read morePublished on July 16 2004 by Shawn
why is everyone giving this cd such rave reviews??? maybe because they changed their sound to be so much more acsesable to a larger audince, so more people will listen and like. Read morePublished on July 16 2004 by bizzleshizz
Very good, just like all their other cds, glad to see them doing so wellPublished on July 5 2004 by Michael Ponce
Ok, I said Thrice was all thats left in the rock word. By rock I ment actual rock its self. Not punk rock, which is my personal favorite. Read morePublished on July 5 2004 by xxbringthemoshxx
wow. thats all i can say about this cd. wow. from the few seconds of the first track "cold cash and colder hearts" i knew this cd was going to be amazing and i was right. Read morePublished on July 5 2004
I started reading reviews of this album and I came to the conclusion everyone is insane! "Paper Tigers" is the best song on this album by far. Read morePublished on July 1 2004 by Thomas Roy
1. Cold Cash and Colder Hearts 5/5 a very nice begining
2. Under a Killing Moon 5/5 3rd best track
3. All That's Left 4.5/5 sometimes i like it
4. Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Music > Alternative Rock > Alternative Styles > Alternative Metal
- Music > Alternative Rock > Hardcore & Punk > Emo
- Music > Alternative Rock > Hardcore & Punk > Post Hardcore
- Music > Alternative Rock > Hardcore & Punk > Punk
- Music > Alternative Rock > Hardcore & Punk > Punk Revival
- Music > Alternative Rock > Hardcore & Punk > Punk-Pop
- Music > Alternative Rock > Indie & Lo-Fi > Emo
- Music > Hard Rock & Metal > Alternative Metal
- Music > Pop
- Music > Rock