- Actors: Colin Farrell, Salma Hayek, Donald Sutherland, Eileen Atkins, Idina Menzel
- Directors: Robert Towne
- Writers: Robert Towne, John Fante
- Producers: Andreas Grosch, Andreas Schmid, Chris Roberts, David Selvan, Don Granger
- Format: AC-3, Color, Dolby, DVD-Video, Subtitled, Widescreen, NTSC
- Language: English, Spanish
- Subtitles: English
- Dubbed: English
- Region: Region 1 (US and Canada This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Number of discs: 1
- MPAA Rating:
- Studio: Paramount Vantage
- Release Date: July 25 2006
- Run Time: 117 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- ASIN: B000FIHN5M
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #36,467 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.95 shipping
+ CDN$ 19.39 shipping
Ask the Dust
Customers who bought this item also bought
Colin Farrell is Arturo Bandini, a young would-be writer who comes to Depression-era Los Angeles to make a name for himself. While there, he meets beautiful barmaid Camilla (Salma Hayek), a Mexican immigrant who hopes for a better life by marrying a wealthy American. Both are trying to escape the stigma of their ethnicity in blue-blood California. The passion that arises between them is palpable if they could only set aside their ambitions and submit to it. Oscar-winning screenwriter Robert Towne directs this outcasts tale of desire in the desert, co-starring Donald Sutherland.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The movie does have some great moments. (At the beach-house.) It's rated "R" for a very explicit sex scene and full frontal nudity. You will either love this movie or hate it!
This is the perfect example of Hollywood second-guessing an author.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com