- Product Dimensions: 24.9 x 36.6 x 35.3 cm ; 1.3 Kg
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 Kg
- Batteries 3 D batteries required.
- Item model number: 24232
- ASIN: B0016BVY2U
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Oct. 25 2010
- Average Customer Review: 285 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,467 in Pet Supplies (See Top 100 in Pet Supplies)
Aspen Pet Le Bistro Programmable Food Dispenser 5LB
- New & Improved Design! Reliably delivers portion-controlled meals to pets while the pet parent is away
- Large LCD screen & built-in meal counter, programming is easy
- Twist-lock lid to keep the food fresh & secure. Baffle added to the hopper to prevent jams
- Removable bowl for easy cleaning: Top shelf dishwasher safe
- Locking bowl & stand provides stability & prevents spills
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Size : 5lb
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Aspen Pet Lebistro Programmable Food Dispenser is an innovative feeder for busy pets and pet parents of the 21st century! Pet parents can program up to 3 meals a day, even while pet parents are away. Controlled portions help your pet maintain his healthy weight! This gravity feeder with clear chamber allows busy pet parents to monitor food levels at a glance. Consumer friendly design allows you to store more food at once, eliminating the need to replenish your pet's food throughout the day. Microban protection helps prevent the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria. Lid top makes refilling your feeder convenient and easy. Pet parents choose the perfect sized feeder to fit your pet's needs.
From the manufacturer
Aspen Pet Programmable Lebistro Food Dispenser
Aspen Pet Lebistro Programmable Food Dispenser is an innovative feeder for busy pet parents. Meals can be programmed for up to three meals a day. Controlled portions help your pet maintain his healthy weight! Top load feature makes refilling your feeder convenient and easy. Pet parents choose the perfect sized feeder to fit your pet's needs. Battery operated, batteries not included.
1) Align hopper with base on an even surface.
2) Insert hopper into base and twist to lock in place.
3) Line up arrows on hopper with arrows on lid.
4) Place lid on top of hopper and twist to lock lid into place.
5) Insert bowl into base by tilting base.
6) Lower bowl into base connecting hooks into base.
- Up to 3 different sized meals per 24 hours.
- Each Meal Serving is adjustable in 1/4 cup increments.
- Both the 5lb and 10lb units can be set 1/4 to 3 cups.
Default Meal Servings are:
- Breakfast at 6am.
- Lunch at 12pm.
- Dinner at 6pm.
To Set Meal Selection
1) Press and hold the 'Enter' button for 2 seconds. 'Meals' will flash.
2) Use Up or Down arrow buttons to select the desired Meal to be programmed. (Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner will flash as Up and Down arrow buttons are pressed)
3) Press the 'Enter' button to select the Meal.
-'Yes' will Flash. Press 'Enter' to confirm meal time.
-If you do not wish to set that meal, press the Down arrow to select 'No' and press 'Enter'.
4) Hit 'Enter' again if no other meal is needed.
5) While setting the Meal or Meal Time, if process is not completed and no button is depressed for 2 minutes, the Programmable Lebistro Food Dispenser abandons the change and goes back into 'Automatic Mode', retaining the previous Meal or Meal Time.
To Set Meal Time
1) Use Up or Down arrow buttons to set Meal Hour.
2) Press 'Enter' button again and the Minutes will start flashing.
3) Use Up or Down arrow buttons to set Meal Minutes.
4) Press 'Enter' button when minutes are set. The Menu will automatically take you to the 'Meal Size' programming.
To Set Meal Time:
1) Use Up or Down arrow buttons to increase or decrease amount of food to be dispensed.
2) Press 'Enter' upon completion. Note: Each bar equals approximately 1/4 cup. The maximum meal size you may select is three cups on either the 5lb unit and 10 pounds unit.
3) Continue setting remaining meal times and sizes until complete.
4) Press 'Enter' after all meals are set to complete programming.
Pet Training Tips
Some pets may require a special adjustment period to acclimate to their new automatic feeder. If this is your dog or cat, try:
1) Place the Programmable Lebistro Food Dispenser next to your pet's existing bowl or feeder. (Do not turn the power on).
2) Place food in the bowl of the Programmable Lebistro Food Dispenser (only for a period of time to allow adjustment).
3) Keep food in the pet's current bowl (only for a period of time to allow adjustment).
4) Once you have observed your pet eating from the Programmable Lebistro Food Dispenser, remove their old feeding dish.
Note: Adjustment time for the pet could be as short as a day or as long as a few weeks, depending on your pet's personality. You can also introduce your pet to the Programmable Lebistro Food Dispenser by placing small treats in the bowl.
Legal DisclaimerWe recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Maybe I can give feedback to some of what the others are having issues with.
First, I haven't had any issues with meals being dropped when scheduled. Some say they have, maybe there is a defect. We bought the large feeder, even if just for a cat. More for the convenience of dropping a whole bag of food in, and in case of longer away times he will have plenty of food.
When food is dispersed, some can sometimes stay at the start of the drop. Think of this like a gum ball machine lol. Sometimes a gumball does completely drop till you rocked the machine (you know we all did it lol). Hence yes there will probably be some that will stay in the top of the shoot. but those will drop with the second feed, hence after the first you always get close to the setting you set.
How accurate is it? Well we seems to get close enough to the right amount. Is it exactly the right amount, honestly I didn't check, it is close, give or take a few (see last paragraph). And this probably depends on the type of food that is being dispersed.
For those that say their cat can get more. For us, it's more that some may not have fallen into the bowl, hence our cat will always try to get more out, sometimes he gets lucky (just like I did as a kid with the gum ball machine). But it's not that he got more out, but that some of the feeding didn't go to the bowl. Once those are all gone, he can't get anymore, not that i've seen, and believe me he's tried (paws and head in the opening)
We did not run into any issues where the bowl separates, seems pretty solid to me, The cat has tried to knock the top off, unsuccessfully...
I would definitely recommend this to other.
Because my cats can dig out the upcoming portion, I have to set the portions to larger volumes. I could set it to the lowest amount, but this will 100% of the time result in them trying to dig the rest of it out of the hopper. At least if I set it for higher volumes, they might leave it alone as they are full. However I feel like this will ultimately result in larger cats.
Anyways, it's currently held onto the wall with a bungee cord running through two hooks. That seems to have stabilized things. Even one hook saw it fly off the counter twice. Two hooks is the answer. The bungee cord slips over the dish and into the space where the dish attaches, kind of locking it in place. It's not pretty, but I refuse to give up after paying $80 for this thing.
Despite the bungee cord hack, I expect that this will meet it's demise sooner than later. At that time, I hope to find a replacement without these issues. I'll also look for something that does more than just three feedings a day. With three cats that have different eating habits, I was hoping to be able to feed smaller portions more often. I missed the note about only three feedings. But my mistake does not give this any extra stars.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews