Assassin's Creed Unity - Xbox One - Standard Edition
|Price:||CDN$ 14.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 5.04 (25%)|
- UNIQUE CO-OP EXPERIENCE YOU MUST PLAY TO BELIEVE: In addition to an epic single-player campaign, join with up to three friends online and experience the open world of 18th-century Paris
- A RUTHLESS NEW HERO FOR A BRUTAL WORLD: Play as Arno, an entirely new breed of Assassin, and take down your prey with a range of new weapons such as the Phantom Blade, a hidden blade with crossbow capabilities
- BRAND-NEW PARKOUR, COMBAT, AND STEALTH GAMEPLAY: Enjoy an unprecedented degree of freedom and control over your Assassin. Full motion control with new parkour mechanics for free running up, across, and down city walls and buildings
- DEEP CUSTOMIZATION OF ARNO, THE MASTER ASSASSIN: Craft a unique play style by choosing weapons, gear, outfits, and specialized skills. Mix and match from hundreds of possible combinations and build your stealth, fighting, and navigation abilities
- DISCOVER REVOLUTIONARY PARIS, BROUGHT TO LIFE AS NEVER BEFORE: Carve through the stunning full-scale open world city, a feat only made possible through the power of an all-new game engine
- Platform: Xbox One
- ESRB Rating: Mature
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform for Display: Xbox One | Edition: Standard
Assassin’s Creed Unity
Paris, 1789. The French Revolution turns a once-magnificent city into a place of terror and chaos. Its cobblestone streets run red with the blood of commoners who dared to rise up against the oppressive aristocracy. As the nation tears itself apart, a young man named Arno will embark on an extraordinary journey to expose the true powers behind the Revolution. His pursuit will throw him into the middle of a ruthless struggle for the fate of a nation, and transform him into a true Master Assassin.
Introducing Assassin’s Creed Unity, the next-gen evolution of the blockbuster franchise powered by an all-new game engine. From the storming of the Bastille to the execution of King Louis XVI, experience the French Revolution as never before, and help the people of France carve an entirely new destiny.
Brand-New Parkour, Combat, and Stealth Gameplay :
Enjoy an unprecedented degree of freedom and control over your Assassin.
- Full motion control with new parkour mechanics for free running up, across, and down city walls and buildings.
- A reinvented fighting system provides a richer combat experience based on skill, timing, and flow.
- Enhanced stealth gameplay, including a new stealth mode, cover system, and crowd-manipulation techniques. Stay hidden, stalk your prey, and strike without warning.
A Unique Co-Op Experience You Must Play To Believe
In addition to an epic single-player campaign, join with up to three friends online and experience the open world of 18th-century Paris. Pull ambitious heists and take part in unique narrative-driven missions designed exclusively for co-op play. Sabotage an execution. Protect an emperor. Assassinate a Templar agent. Victory won’t be easy; you and your lethal band must rely on communication, coordination, and diverse skills to accomplish your missions, then vanish into the shadows.A Ruthless New Hero for a Brutal World :
Play as Arno, an entirely new breed of Assassin, and take down your prey with a range of new weapons such as the Phantom Blade, a hidden blade with crossbow capabilities.
Deep Customization of Arno, the Master Assassin
Craft a unique play style by choosing weapons, gear, outfits, and specialized skills. Mix and match from hundreds of possible combinations and build your stealth, fighting, and navigation abilities from a new, expansive skill tree. Become the ultimate Master Assassin.
Discover Revolutionary Paris, Brought To Life As Never Before
Carve through the stunning full-scale open world city, a feat only made possible through the power of an all-new game engine.
- Explore detailed building interiors and discover secret catacombs and sewers.
- Embark on ancestral missions, treasure hunts, murder mysteries, contracts, and more. The city is packed full of activities that will captivate for hours.
- Witness the chaos of the French Revolution firsthand and become immersed in the realistic, systemic crowds of up to 5,000 AI-driven characters.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
You've probably heard about the bugs in this game. And although Ubisoft has fixed a lot of them, the rest are still there. I once got stuck on a piece of rock while I was in a mission and I had to restart from the last checkpoint, which was almost at the beginning of the mission. Luckily, I haven't fallen through the world yet, which is something a lot of gamers have experienced.
Another thing that stopped me from giving it a five star is the fact that the single player storyline is not that long, which makes sense since modelling the inside of some of the buildings was probably a hard enough job for the developers. And it's already 48 GB in size. That can be a problem for gamers without external hard drives since the Xbox One has a bit more than 350 GB of space for games and apps. Sure, apps don't take up a lot of space, but if you like to equip your Xbox One with all the apps on the Xbox store, they're gonna take up a few gigabytes.
I wasn't sure if I should buy this or Far Cry 4, and after having played both, I can tell you that I enjoyed this one far more. All in all, I loved this game and I would definitely recommend it. If you have played and liked the other games in the franchise, you're gonna love Unity. If you haven't, you're still gonna love it!
Honestly, the artwork in this game is excellent and deserves 5 stars. The scenes of Paris are incredibly well done. It's really a shame the game is so glitchy and horribly programed that I would give it zero stars (if only that was possible). Black Flag was an awesome game (definitely gets 4.5/5 stars), so it's sad that none of that awesomeness was carried forward (along with its morality and ethics of at least allowing the player to have the ability to choose a non-lethal combat option...). Don't get me wrong, assassinating templars is a heck of a lot of fun, but police officers (often simply because the police AI is crap)...is not so cool.
Get CoD Advanced Warfare instead. There's nothing new about it (apart from the fact that you can jump higher), but at least it's playable.
There are some issues with frame rate that Ubisoft really needs to correct as it can make the more intense sequences way more challenging than they should be. No amount of skill will help you when you can't even move due to the frame rate lagging and then all of a sudden you just pop over to somewhere else entirely. When you're just out doing some treasure hunting or sidequests, it's not a big deal and it's not so noticeable, but I do really notice this problem particularly during the story missions when it matters. Incredibly frustrating and not sure how this issue slipped through the cracks, but hopefully Ubisoft can remedy it.
I really enjoy the addition of co-op, it's nice to finally have some aspects of the game that I can share with my friends. There are actual co-op missions you can partake in or you can just join your friend's world and poke around the city with them. I do find that just like with the story missions, the frame rate drops dramatically when you enter a co-op mission, which is incredibly frustrating. On top of that, it can be difficult even getting IN to the co-op mission. It often will just load indefinitely and you're forced to turn off your Xbox to remedy the issue.
I like that you can now purchase gear from your menu rather than have to find a shop in town. Way more convenient.
I also like the sidequests I have tried out so far, particularly the murder mystery quests. They're an interesting change of pace.
This game ties into a companion app along with Assassin's Creed Initiates (which I think is an online game?Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
S*** game I comparison to any of the others the only good part of it were the graphics and the mediocre storyPublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Extremely repetitive, but that's what you get from buying an AC game these days. Storyline isn't the most interesting. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Braemen