Atlas of the Prenatal Mouse Brain Hardcover – Jan 1 1992
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The Prenatal Mouse Brain Atlas is the only comprehensive book available for studies of mouse brain development from early embryonic to late fetal stages. Color images of whole, hematoxylin, and eosin stained sagittal, coronal, and horizontal sections are provided at four different ages. In addition, high magnification images are included that highlight areas of developmental interest. The atlas is designed to support research of normal and abnormal brain development in developmental neuroscience, gene manipulation, molecular biology, and neurotoxicology.
- Color images of hematoxylin and eosin stained sections
- 26 High magnification images, highlighting areas of developmental interest
- 254 images and matching diagrams with outlined and annotated structures:
Gestational Day (GD) 12 heads:
16 GD 12 sagittal
22 GD 12 coronal
18 GD 12 horizontal
GD 14 heads:
20 GD 14 sagittal
33 GD 14 coronal
24 GD 14 horizontal
GD 16 brains:
16 GD 16 sagittal
30 GD 16 coronal
17 GD 16 horizontal
GD 18 brains:
17 GD 18 sagittal
26 GD 18 coronal
15 GD 18 horizontal
- Delineation of peripheral nerves, eyes, inner ear, ganglia and other structures in the heads of GD 12 and 14 embryos
- DVD with complete sets of images, labeled diagrams, and diagrams superimposed on images
About the author:
Dr. Uta Schambra is Associate Professor in the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology at Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee, USA.--This text refers to the Spiral-bound edition.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I hope this research will eventually solve the problem of diabetes, obesity or Midwestern rust belts. If not, some ethical committee might want to take a closer look at the Jackson Laboratories...
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Neurology > Neuroscience
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pathology > Diseases > Brain
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Bioengineering > Biotechnology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Biotechnology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology > Developmental Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biotechnology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Zoology > Mammals
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Diseases > Brain
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Neurology > Neuroscience
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Mammals
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology > Animals > Mammals
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Field Guides > Mammals
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Neuroscience
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Neurology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Biology