- Paperback: 200 pages
- Publisher: Douglas & Mcintyre; 1 edition (March 26 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1553653912
- ISBN-13: 978-1553653912
- Product Dimensions: 31.6 x 23.5 x 1.5 cm
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 Kg
- Average Customer Review: 11 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #282,746 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Au Pied De Cochon Paperback – Mar 26 2008
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"There's no question that Picard's irrepressible genius forms the nucleus of his Montreal restaurant, but more than anything, Au Pied de Cochon: The Album is a testament to the remarkable culture that has been generated over the last five years by Picard in collaboration with his skilled and imaginative equipe." (Anthony Bourdain Gourmet Magazine 2008-03-26)
"A publishing phenomenon...an unconventional cookbook...But it's a serious cookbook, full of professional insights" (New York Times 2008-03-26)
"A 'must-reads for the food-obsessed [this] whimsically illustrated cookbook is a spirited tribute to all things fatty,porky, ducky and starchy" (Food and Wine Best of the Best 2008-03-26)
About the Author
Martin Picard is the chef and proprietor of Au Pied de Cochon, one of Canada's most original and wildly popular restaurants, and of the Cabane a Sucre, a seasonal restaurant located on 130 acres of maple bush in Saint-Benoit-de-Mirabel in the Laurentian Mountains. He has been a professional chef since the 1990s, has worked with renowned chefs across the globe and was a member of the culinary team that opened Montreal's internationally acclaimed restaurant Toque. He has earned distinction for his mastery of Southern French cuisine to which he adds his own unique, contemporary twist. The author of the bestselling Au Pied de Cochon: An Album, he lives in Montreal, Quebec.
Anthony Bourdain is an American chef, author and television personality. His book, Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly, was a huge success and he went on to host the popular culinary and cultural adventure program Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations for the Travel Channel.
Top customer reviews
Saundra Tobman, Montreal
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Il est différent des autres livres de cuisine !
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism > Regional > Canadian
- Books > Arts & Photography > Schools, Periods & Styles > Contemporary Art
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Cooking by Ingredient > Meat, Poultry & Seafood > Meats
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Gastronomy > History
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Regional & International > Canadian
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Regional & International > International
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Food & Lodging > Dining