Audel Electric Motors Paperback – Dec 5 2003
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Heres the ultimate motor tool
If you need information about installing, repairing, and maintaining any type of electric motor, this book belongs in your toolbox. Completely revised and illustrated, it covers principles of motor function, choosing and replacing motors, identifying and repairing common problems, performing routine maintenance, and more, all without excessive math. Its the guide your father relied on, now fully updated for the twenty-first century.
- Understand both AC and DC motor function and operation
- Repair small series motors and troubleshoot special types of motors
- Compare methods of motor control, including various switches, starters, and timing relays
- Troubleshoot fractional horsepower motors, including split-phase induction, capacitor start, repulsion, shaded-pole, hysteresis synchronous, and universal motors
- Learn the best procedures for stripping and rewinding armatures and stators
- Modify AC motors for speed control
- Discover which tools and supplies youll always need
About the Author
Rex Miller is a former Professor of Industrial Technology, a forty-year educator, and the author or coauthor of more than 100 textbooks.
Mark Richard Miller is a Professor and Chairman of the Industrial Technology Department at Texas A&M University in Kingsville, Texas.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I repair electric motors as a hobby, and could find nothing of value in this book. One would be much better off buying Rosenbergs "Electric Motor Repair" through a used book store or online.
Should be part of your technical library if you have the room on the shelf and money for the purchase.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Buildings & Construction
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Construction
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electric Machinery & Motors
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Self-Help
- Books > Textbooks