- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Audel Mechanical Trades Pocket Manual Paperback – Oct 31 2003
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This tool needs no maintenance
Fully revised and updated, this convenient guide covers the latest industrial equipment as well as all the tools and machines prevalent in older plants, even those from the early 1970s and before.
Your complete reference tool
- Discusses machinery installation, welding, rigging, carpentry, basic electricity, and more
- Features a chapter on safety issues
- Covers belts, drives, transmissions, and bearings
- Examines automatic sprinkler systems
- Offers tips for preventive maintenance
- Includes coverage of piping and pipefitting
- Reviews shop mathematics, geometry, and trigonometry
About the Author
Thomas B. Davis (Newark, DE) is president of Maintenance Troubleshooting, a 25-year old technical trades book re-seller and consulting company. As a mechanical engineer, Tom provides training in the preventive and predictive maintenance fields from the corporate boardroom to the maintenance break room on the shop floor. He has developed unique preventive maintenance products including a coupling alignment kit; a professional dynamic balancing kit, a hand-held balancing computer, and a vibration based tagging kit.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Teacher in Industrial mechanics
There are fifty short chapters in the book, each focused on a different aspect of mechanical trades. Here's the table of contents from my copy of the book:
2. The Basic Toolbox.
3. Power Tools-Portable.
4. Power Tools-Stationary.
5. Twist Drills.
6. Mechanical Drawing.
7. Electrical Drawing.
8. Isometric Drawing.
9. Single-Line Isometric Pipe Drawing.
11. Field Layout.
12. Machinery Installation.
13. Machine Assembly.
14. Use of the Torque Wrench.
15. Torque Specifications.
17. Plain Bearings.
18. Anti-Friction Bearings.
19. Life of Anti-Friction Bearings.
20. Installation of Anti-Friction Bearings.
21. Vibration Measurement.
23. Mechanical Power Transmission.
25. Flat Belts.
27. Positive-Drive Belts.
28. Chain Drives.
29. Gear Drives.
30. Shaft Couplings.
31. Screw Threads.
32. Mechanical Fasteners.
33. Gaskets, Packing, and Mechanical Seals.
36. Basic Electricity.
37. AC Motors.
38. Preventive Maintenance of Equipment.
39. Structural Steel.
42. Hand Signals for Cranes and Hoists.
43. Piping and Pipefitting.
44. Steam Traps.
45. Steam Piping.
46. Automatic Sprinkler Systems.
48. Shop Mathematics.
49. Shop Geometry.
50. Shop Trigonometry.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Do-It-Yourself
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Buildings
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Aerospace > Advanced Mechanics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Mechanics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Machinery
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Manufacturing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical > Machinery
- Books > Science & Math
- Books > Self-Help
- Books > Textbooks