- Student Exclusive: Amazon Prime Student members save 10% on all textbook purchases. Enter code TEXT10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Autonomy Requirements Engineering for Space Missions Hardcover – Sep 30 2014
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Advanced space exploration is performed by unmanned missions with integrated autonomy in both flight and ground systems. Risk and feasibility are major factors supporting the use of unmanned craft and the use of automation and robotic technologies where possible. Autonomy in space helps to increase the amount of science data returned from missions, perform new science, and reduce mission costs.
Elicitation and expression of autonomy requirements is one of the most significant challenges the autonomous spacecraft engineers need to overcome today. This book discusses the Autonomy Requirements Engineering (ARE) approach, intended to help software engineers properly elicit, express, verify, and validate autonomy requirements. Moreover, a comprehensive state-of-the-art of software engineering for aerospace is presented to outline the problems handled by ARE along with a proof-of-concept case study on the ESA's BepiColombo Mission demonstrating the ARE’s ability to handle autonomy requirements.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence > Robotics
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Artificial Intelligence
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering