Avon: Building The World's Premier Company For Women Hardcover – Apr 11 2005
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“…this book is vital for several reasons…avon is the epitome of the entrepreneurial innovator; learning how it was done is well worth the time spent.” (MBA Business, Summer 2005)
From the Inside Flap
The winning formula that made Avon a global marketing powerhouse
Avon has come a long way since founder David McConnell handed out his first perfume sample in 1886. The company, long famous for ringing customer doorbells and offering personalized in-home service, is now the world's largest direct sales organization—with almost five million representatives in more than 140 countries worldwide. This incredible industry giant has evolved into much more than just a revered cosmetics juggernaut. Its vast catalog now includes everything from vitamins and weight-control products to clothing and jewelry.
AVON: Building the World's Premier Company for Women offers an engaging firsthand look at how a small door-to-door bookselling business grew up to become one of the world's leading beauty companies. Weaving insightful anecdotes with exclusive interviews and unparalleled access to both past and present company executives, author Laura Klepacki reveals how Avon built a global empire—from Boston to Beijing—and shows how it manages to thrive in all economies, especially during the toughest of times.
Through this one-of-a-kind journey, you'll get a closer look at:
- How Avon changed the rules of the game by empowering women everywhere to start their own successful small businesses
- What the company does to reward top performers and keep them in the fold
- How Avon became an international sensation by addressing the needs and customs of women in dozens of countries around the world
- Why the company originally began its trademark approach of visiting customers in their homes
- How current CEO Andrea Jung reinvigorated the brand with new products, packaging, and ad campaigns to appeal to a new generation of customers and representatives
- How Avon develops leading-edge products, while offering them at low prices
- Innovative ways Avon uses technology to handle the two million daily online transactions and forty million customer orders it receives each year
- And much more
Page by intriguing page, you'll also discover how Avon has maintained and increased its market share through new product introductions, the use of technology, rewarding its best performers, appealing to different customers (including men and teens), and giving back with financial support for causes relating to domestic violence and breast cancer.
Insightful and entertaining, AVON: Building the World's Premier Company for Women provides an authorized, colorful, and well-rounded account of both the people and practices behind one of America's most respected and successful companies. It also shows how every business—big and small—can benefit from Avon's unique approach to sales and marketing.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It is evident that the company's success goes back to its founding years when the company's values and beliefs were established by the founder, David McConnell. His belief was to produce a superior product using the finest ingredients and have it sold by women, because they are the most knowledgeable about the product. Recruiting women worked very well because, back then, women did not have as many job opportunities. Today, working for Avon allows women to gain control of their schedule, be entrepreneurial, and still have time to raise children.
Many other companies try to copy Avon's business model, but it is not easy to compete with such a powerful brand. The company provides training, support, and financial incentives to its reps because it knows that the only way Avon can be successful is when it has happy and successful reps.
- Mariusz Skonieczny, author of Why Are We So Clueless about the Stock Market? Learn how to invest your money, how to pick stocks, and how to make money in the stock market
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Biography & History > Company Profiles
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Industrial
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Strategy & Competition
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Direct
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Sales & Selling
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Franchises
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Marketing
- Books > Business & Investing > Women & Business
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Industrial
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Strategy & Competition
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Direct
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Sales & Selling