Baby's First Words in Spanish Audio CD – Audiobook, Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Also, with an entire booklet of Spanish and English translations, there are rhymes and spoken verses in children's voices as well as other sounds to enhance the songs such as babies laughing, etc.
The booklet is broken down into ages which seems helpful but I play the CD all the way through for myself and my son, who is 4 months old, because the songs and rhymes are so enjoyable to listen to!
The booklet also noted "Spain" and/or "Latin America" next to the songs however, as the reviewer below said and I am fluent in Spanish as well, I could not detect a difference in Spanish speakers to reflect this linguistical difference. So, I think that when they noted "Spain" and/or "Latin America" (and "Mexico" for one listing), it was probably to inform us where the song is popular, rather than the origin of the singer. That's my guess, anyway.
I haven't read all of it yet but there's a parents' guide (that seems pretty comprehensive) that is an introduction to the idea of bi/multilingualism, showing you how to help your baby/child speak more than one language, your child's linguistic milestones, how to make the most of the CD, basic Spanish for adults and resources for parents including websites.
I am more than pleased with this purchase and feel it is very much worth the money.
The only other thing I would have added on top of all of this is a variety of dialects, which vary greatly from country to country, for example, Spanish from Spain vs from Puerto Rico vs from Venezuela, etc but this really would have been over and above my expectations so I didn't deduct a star from my rating for it.
I am uncertain what another reviewer meant about the CD and the booklet being out of sync, unless that was true in an older version. In ours, the tracks on the CD and in the booklet are both arranged according to age/developmental level. The booklet is extremely helpful because it includes the full lyrics to all the songs, so if there are some parts of the song you don't understand (or if you don't speak Spanish but are prepared to imitate the songs), the lyrics are right there for you to study.
I have about 15 CDs and/or DVDs of songs/rhymes in Spanish, and this is hands down my favorite!
1) I wish that there could be a website where we could register that we purchased the book.
That way if we lose (or the baby chews up) the lyric booklet we could print out a new one.
Also, the lyrics are tiny. I have a hard time reading them and my 75 year old mother doesn't have a hope of being able to read the lyric sheet. If we could print out the lyrics from a registered users web page, then we could adjust the size of the font.
2) Please, please come out with a "Baby's First Words in English" version! I cannot find a CD of classic English songs/rhymes with or without the lyrics. (I find Susie Tallman's nursery song CDs extremely grating.) I would love it if Erika Levy produced an English version of classics with the lyrics. I don't know the lyrics and end up humming a lot of English nursery songs. :(
3) When is "Baby's First Words in German" going to come out?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Children's Fiction > Educational
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Children's Fiction > Language
- Books > Audiobooks > Audio CDs > Languages > Language Instruction > Spanish
- Books > Children's Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Learning > Spanish
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Foreign Language Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Spanish
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Spanish
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Spanish > Books on CD
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Babies & Toddlers