The Backwoods of Canada Mass Market Paperback – Aug 1 1989
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'"The Backwoods of Canada" is one of the most frank and pragmatic pioneer accounts ever written and the first to examine women's experience and the domestic economy of the settler's life in any detail.' -- Camilla Gibb --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
CATHARINE PARR TRAILL was born in Surrey, England, on January 9, 1802. She was the fifth child of Thomas and Elizabeth Strickland. Her siblings were Eliza, Jane Margaret, Susanna (later Susanna Moodie), Samuel, and Agnes. In 1832 she married Lt. Thomas Traill. The couple emigrated to Upper Canada and settled near the Otonabee River close to Peterborough. Traill is the author of a number of books but is best-known for The Backwoods of Canada. She died in 1899 in Lakefield, Ontario.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Historical > Canadian
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Regional Canada > Ontario
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Regional Canada > Prairie Provinces
- Books > History > Americas > Canada
- Books > History > Canada
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Canadian > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Canadian > Collections & Readers
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Canadian > Women Writers
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Letters & Correspondence
- Books > Travel > Canada