The minds behind the bestselling BAD APPLES: FIVE SLICES OF HALLOWEEN HORROR return this October with another batch of frightful fare. This time, they brought along a friend - Bram Stoker Award-winning author Kealan Patrick Burke!
Dive into the season with these six Halloween treats:
• Two boys enter a Halloween attraction that holds a devilish secret - but one of the boys has a surprise of his own in Edward Lorn's HALLOWEEKEND.
• Halloween was his birthday, and all poor Bob Talley wanted was for his family to be together again. This year, his wish might come true amid whispers of CANDIE APPLE, from Evans Light.
• A deserter seeks to escape the horrors of war and pave a new existence in a foreign land in Jason Parent's DIA DE LOS MUERTOS.
• Does something putrid truly reside in a small town’s pumpkin patch, or is it only a local legend? Find out in Adam Light's TOMMY ROTTEN.
• An old man and his dog await Halloween visitors with candy and a shotgun in Kealan Patrick Burke's THE ONE NIGHT OF THE YEAR.
• Jimmy Stones and his Uncle Shel uncover the dark secrets of Medium, Ohio's annual Halloween puppet show in Gregor Xane's DOCTOR PROCLIVITY & PROFESSOR PROPENSITY.
About the Author
ABOUT THE AUTHORS Born and raised in Dungarvan, Ireland, KEALAN PATRICK BURKE is the Bram Stoker Award-winning author of five novels, over a hundred short stories, four collections, and editor of four acclaimed anthologies. When not writing, Kealan designs covers for print and digital books through his company Elderlemon Design. ADAM LIGHT resides in northeast Florida with his beautiful wife and daughter, and their Walker Hound, imaginatively named “Walker.” He haunts a cubicle by day, writes horror stories at night, and virtually never sleeps. His pants are always deep-fried. He is the author of TOES UP: A COLLECTION TO DIE FOR, the novella SERVING SPIRITS, and his work has also been featured the anthologies BAD APPLES and DEAD ROSES. EVANS LIGHT is the author of SCREAMSCAPES: TALES OF TERROR, the novella ARBOREATUM, DON’T NEED NO WATER, and more. He currently resides in a warm, southern state and is the proud father of fine sons and the lucky husband of a beautiful wife. EDWARD LORN is the author of LIFE AFTER DANE, CRUELTY, and the new collection OTHERS & ODDITTIES. He can be found haunting the halls of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Goodreads. He has blogs on both Booklikes and Wordpress, with such popular features as Ruminating On and Randomized Randomocity. In his head, JASON PARENT lives in many places, but in the real world, he calls New England his home. The region offers an abundance of settings for his writing and many wonderful places in which to write them. He currently resides in Southeastern Massachusetts with his cuddly corgi named Calypso. He is the author of the novels SEEING EVIL, WHAT HIDES WITHIN and many published short stories. GREGOR XANE lives near the real-life version of Medium, Ohio. When he's not typing, he can be found in his workshop building dangerous remote-controlled toys. He's the author of the horror novellas SIX DEAD SPOTS, THE HANOVER BLOCK, and the forthcoming BRIDES OF HANOVER BLOCK. His short story "It Came From Hell and Smashed the Angels" is available as a free eBook download from just about everywhere.