- Platform: PlayStation2
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - PlayStation 2
- Case, disc and cover art included. 7-Day Warranty, buyer pays returned shipping.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance combines fast-paced action and adventure in the popular world of Baldur's Gate. It features an epic tale of intrigue, alliances, explosive spell effects, and highly detailed creatures and environments, and allows for both single- and two-player cooperative play. Characters are customizable, each with unique powers, appearance, and abilities. This is the first console game to feature Dungeons & Dragons, 3rd Edition rules in real time. The game features Dolby Digital sound, comprehensive voice acting, and a completely original soundtrack.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The adventure is a great fusion of D&D and Gauntlet. Fairly easy to pick up, darn HARD to put down. Its similar to the Diablo experience, but unique in its own way, too. There's monsters to be slain, gold to be discovered, and experience points to garner along the way. Spread out those points as you'll need a host of skills along the way. I've only played the solo adventure thus far, but am looking forward to teaming up soon. RPG fan or not, spend some time inside Baldur's Gate and I guarantee you'll be hooked.
The only few things that are a bit disappoinitng:
1. Seems that concept of the game is way too similar to Blizzard's "Diablo" game. They made it look differently but characters spells, skills and even storyline are somewhat similar to "Diablo".
2.There should be more characters to choose from. 3 just isn't enough.
3. Seems that archer or sorceress are slightly worse than dwarf. On higher levels of the game it seems arrows and spells don't do as much damage as they should. And it's still much easier to go and slice your enemies with good old mellee weapons.
4. 2 ppls co-op is very fun but it would be alot better if you could play 3ppls co-op, since there are 3 different characters, it would make more sense.
5. Those "jelly" looking monsters leave impression that creators got really lazy and didn't feel like creating more of a "quality" looking enemies.
Other than that, this game seems almost perfect and is a MUST HAVE for anyone who has PS2 and respects RPG games.
Graphics: 5 / 5
Sound: 5 / 5
Gameplay: 5 / 5
Entertainment: 4.5 / 5 (single player), 5 / 5 (2ppls Co-op)
Overall: 5 / 5
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews