- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Banker To The Poor: Micro-Lending and the Battle Against World Poverty Paperback – Jan 8 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"ÝYunus's ideas have already had a great impact on the Third World, and hearing his appeal for a poverty-free world from the source itself can be as stirring as that all-American myth of bootstrap success."
About the Author
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
If the past 25 years of history has been about anything, it is about the bankruptcy of the command economy. Warts and all, market-based solutions are the only way forward. The ideas of Yunus and de Soto are, above all, practical - which is probably why policymakers will overlook them in favour of big-money projects, grand pronouncements, and other things that don't work.
Makes you question the rules of capitalism.
Writing style makes it very interesting to read.
I am glad I read ths book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Business
- Books > Business & Investing > Biography & History > Captains of Industry
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Development & Growth
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business & Investing > Finance > Banks & Banking
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Nonprofit Organizations & Charities
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics > Policy & Current Events
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > History > Asia > Bangladesh
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > International > Relations
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Systems Of Government
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Development & Growth
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Banks & Banking