No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
How I are Becomed a Very Much Gooder Author Kindle Edition
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
"Much Gooder Author" delivers on several levels. I have been studying and (more importantly) living the self-pubbers life and I have to say that Winters nails each salient point and offers not only information about each step but also practical examples to further accentuate the core ideas.
Four bucks. It's a latte. Skip your caffeine fix one morning and give your writing career a well-deserved infusion of good, solid, useable information. Dollar for dollar the best four bucks you'll ever spend on your writing business.
The material detailing Winters' "story formula" was less valuable to me because, having read umpteen screenwriting books, I recognized that he was espousing a cinematic approach to writing fiction with things like "show; don't tell" and "create suspension." This is the same advice put forward by screenwriting gurus like Robert McKee, and I agree that many writers of fiction would find their work greatly improved if they were to take it. However, it's by no means the only way to go. Overall, however, I thought this was a good read with a lot of useful information and thought-provoking commentary. Just don't stare at that horrible cover too long, or you'll go blind.
In my opinion, it's vital to continue to hone your craft if you want taken seriously as an author. "Gooder" is a great barometer to measure your book against. Of course with any book that advises how to improve anything you must take what works for you and discard what doesn't. That sentiment is expressly made by the author as he adamantly explains he's not the be all or end all, but has experience and can point out pitfalls and blind spots to which we as writers can succumb.
I highly suggest you buy a highlighter when you purchase this book. You will want to make note of the sound information given throughout often in an entertaining tongue-in-cheek quip.
Winters is tongue-in-cheek and accessible. I recommend reading this straight through, but keeping it available for reference later to help yourself stay on track.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Kindle Store > English Language Store
- Kindle Store > Kindle Exclusives
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar
- Kindle Store > Kindle Unlimited > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship