- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Beginning PHP and MySQL: From Novice to Professional Paperback – Sep 24 2010
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
W. Jason Gilmore is a Columbus, Ohio-based developer, consultant, writer, and editor. He's a cofounder of the CodeMash conference and is a member of the 2008 MySQL Conference speaker selection board. In his previous capacity as Apress's open source editor, he fostered the publication of more than 60 books, along the way helping to transform the open source line into one of the industry's most respected publishing programs. Through W.J. Gilmore, LLC, (http://www.wjgilmore.com/) Jason provides an array of consulting and web development services to small businesses around the country. Contact Jason at wjATwjgilmore.com if you're looking for competent, timely, and cost-effective services.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book did not cover the basics of software engineering, so when they say "novice" they refer to being a novice in PHP only.
The book is well organized, and I was able to find what I needed to do without reading the book cover to cover.
The sections on installing and configuring PHP and MySQL were very helpful to start with. Examples were clear and useful, and I was able to adapt them to my own needs easily.
I was able to complete my project in several weeks, much of it thanks to this reference.
Buy a different book. Larry E. Ullman wrote a few good books, try those.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Database Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Specific Databases > MySQL & mSQL
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > PHP
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > SQL
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering