- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Behind the Glory: Canada's Role in the Allied Air War Paperback – Oct 26 2010
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Behind the Glory is a must-read for anyone interested in the Commonwealth Air Training Plan as seen through the eyes of those who served in it. That piece of Canadian history has now been given a human face, as this book recounts the memories of many who served in the plan. Their skill and dedication produced the trained air crew who ultimately won the air war over Europe. (Charlie Konvalinka, former national president of the Canadian Air Force Officers Association)
About the Author
Ted Barris is an award-winning author, journalist, and broadcaster. For more than forty years his writing has appeared in the national press, as well as in history, news, and arts magazines, and he has authored seventeen non-fiction books, including the national bestsellers Victory at Vimy, Juno, and The Great Escape. In 2014, The Great Escape received the national Libris Non-Fiction Book of the Year Award. He teaches journalism at Centennial College in Toronto and lives in Uxbridge, Ontario.
Top Customer Reviews
The book is well written and remarkably well researched. A lot of the anecdotes were family table talk in real time. Dad was one of the original twelve. Buy this book and read it.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > Canada > 20th Century
- Books > History > Americas > United States > 20th Century > World War II
- Books > History > Canada > 20th Century
- Books > History > Military > Canada
- Books > History > Military > World War II
- Books > History > United States > 20th Century > World War II
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Military