Benriner Cook Helper Slicer
|List Price:||CDN$ 72.00|
|Price:||CDN$ 46.96 FREE SHIPPING.|
|You Save:||CDN$ 25.04 (35%)|
- A fun and magical tool that makes pretty garnishes for salads or pasta
- Makes any garnishing possible, e.g., slice, shred, string, julienne turns fruits and vegetables into long, curly garnishes
- Churns vegetables into a very fine, continuous, string like form. includes one flat blade, three interchangeable blades(coarse, medium, fine)
- Durable and long lasting, made of molded ABS plastic. Very little food is wasted. Ideal for creating garnishes
- Made in japan
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
A premium quality Japanese spiralizer, it is used by professionals or home cooks worldwide. The Benriner Cooks Help Slicer prepares delicate ribbon garnishes from hard vegetables and it spiral slices all hard fruit and vegetables, e.g., carrots, potato green pepper, yam or beets etc., into a variety of shapes to spruce up your salads and stir fries. It is safe and simple to operate with rotating lever that churns vegetables from top to the bottom. It is very compact and it works with the precision you would expect from Japanese engineering, helping you quickly create a visual feast of different shapes, flavours and textures.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
First, it's important to select properly the blade according to each type of vegetable: The more there is water in the vegetable the bigger the blade you have to use. For example, carrots (you need larger diameter ones) are great with smallest blade (vermicelli), but for a daikon, I find the medium blade is preferable to avoid the vegetable to release water)
- It makes long thin noodles, which I find perfect for Thai sauté (sizes are: 1mm, 2.5mm and 4mm)
- Good quality nylon plastic, made in Japan. - I was hesitant due to reviews saying it's sturdy, but on contrary I find this plastic to be stronger thant other type of spiralizer I've seen (especially the pins that hold the vegetable in place). Also, no smelly cheap plastic parts which is a must for me.
- The handle is part metal (not colored plastic)
- Very rapid to wash. (I use a toothbrush for the blades).
- Just wish they would update the design of the base for more stability and handling. (I have fibromyalgia, so this might not be an issue for most people)
We find that the length of the vegetable sections which fit in between the blade and spiral grip must be rather short; no more than 3 inches. Which is frustrating since if the vegetable you wish to spiralize is not wide enough you will not be able to use this machine. Which leads to the next problem. We have not had much success with vegetables that are too small, such as radishes. And only large carrots can be spiralized with this device; therefore, forget about most organic carrots, which tend to be long and slender. We think you will find that it is rather hit or miss whether or not this machine will be able to spiralize the veggie you have chosen.
Otherwise, it does not take up too much space and when it does work, it does a marvelous job.
Does beautiful spaghetti shapes or slices from beets, carrots, and zucchini.
I keep it on my counter top because I use it frequently and I like the looks.
Most recent customer reviews
Works like a charm - great product. arrived in good time - wish the legs were a little longer and that it was not made of plastic(because I try not to purchase plastic goods).Published 2 months ago by Kats Klein
Just tried it today. It seems to work well. It made beautiful "noodles" out of a daikon radish. I hope it works as well on firmer vegetables like carrots and yams.Published 4 months ago by Rhonda Hooke
I REALLY wanted one of these after using a vegetable peeler to make zucchini into noodles for several years. But after getting this, I was a bit disappointed with several things. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Jill Pratt
Excellent produit, J'ai la mandoline de la même compagnie depuis 30ans.Published 5 months ago by jojo