Best Gay Erotica 2008 Paperback – Nov 28 2007
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
As one of the contributing writers to Best Gay Erotica 2008, I am humored by your puritanical stance on what is known as the best gay erotica collection in contemporary gay men's lit--and for a reason--its EDGE. If candlelight suppers and boxes of chocolate are what you seek in sexual writing, I suggest you check out one of the numerous "gay romance" titles that are sweeping the market these days. I read the entire aforementioned collection--and as a reader--was not put off by these loaded criteria you listed. Things that are not permissible in "real life" have the opportunity to exist in literature for a reason--it's only writing. You strike me as a grudging assimilationist type and if you--as you mentioned--refuse to check out anything from these editors in the future, your exposure to renegade gay literary culture will suffer. I suspect, however, that you are trying to tango in a mosh pit and should keep your incendiary, clean-butt, evangelical criticism where it belongs--with you. Meanwhile, the rest of us will revel in our artistic freedom as unapologetic queers.
Charlie Vazquez, NYC
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Erotica
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Gay
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Anthologies
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Gay & Lesbian > Erotica
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Gay & Lesbian > Gay
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Short Stories
- Books > Romance > Erotica > Gay & Lesbian