- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Best Life Diet Revised and Updated Paperback – Dec 30 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Chuck Williams It is my hope that the recipes in this book will inspire you to get into the kitchen and start cooking! --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Bob Greene is an exercise physiologist and certified personal trainer specializing in fitness, metabolism, and weight loss. He holds a master's degree from the University of Arizona and is a member of the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Council on Exercise. For the past seventeen years he has worked with clients and consulted on the design and management of fitness, spa, and sports medicine programs. Bob has been a guest on the Oprah Winfrey Show. He is also a contributing writer and editor for O the Oprah magazine, and writes articles on health and fitness for Oprah.com. Greene is the bestselling author of The Best Life Diet Cookbook, The Best Life Diet, Revised and Updated, The Best Life Diet, The Best Life Diet Daily Journal, The Total Body Makeover, Get With the Program!, The Get With the Program! Daily Journal, The Get With the Program! Guide to Good Eating, and Make the Connection.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
* Mixing cereals to come up with a different taste. I guess I'm just not creative, but this was a cool idea I've incorporated into my diet.
* Starting out without any restrictions. Every other diet approach I've read recently starts you out with phase one being the most restrictive. This phase one is just the phase, helpful for me because it gave me time to read the rest of the book while not jumping into a diet AND exercise program right away.
* He gives a great list of exactly what friuts and veggies help which health conditions. Good reference page.
* Oprah's recipes-- they were easier and more doable than the others in the book. Especially the turkey burgers. A lot of the recipes just took regular recipes and made them healthier, replacing ground beef with ground turkey and refined flour with whole grain flour.
* He helps you take a look at WHY you overeat. I find myself asking "am I hungry? or am I just stuffing my face because I can't find another way to deal with the frustration of my 4-month-old daughter screaming?" It's usually the second, so I stop eating and say a lil' prayer.
* His emphasis on fiber. This is often neglected in a lot of health-conscious circles, but is vital to the correct long-term functioning of the innards.
I think he hits the nail right on the head with this book the most though. Weight loss is something that has to start first with your issues in life and with this book he helps you go from phase to phase as you progress along in your struggles with weight loss. I think he has a good out look on what it takes to loss weight and I think this is his best book yet.
Help raise awareness; support cancer research!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Authors > Greene, Bob
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Healthy Living